Kiter equivalent to "Art of Flight"?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Re: Kiter equivalent to "Art of Flight"?

Post by OliverG » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Maybe I'm dating myself but some of the films/DVDs I enjoyed were those that captured a feeling during a period of time that was significant for me in a kiteboarding sense and expressing an era of discovery. Ten4 is good, most DVDs from early/mid Maui days are awesome. Into The Air has a good vibe to it. Calibrate and the two well produced and effected Hadlow vids from several years back are awesome. Older vids with Vari and Tobias are fun (Dream.) Slingshot had a couple good Lenten vids.

There's a ton of stuff out there and it all means different things to different people. How you relate to it and like may weigh on when you got into the sport, where you've been with it and why you're doing now.

ozchrisb
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by ozchrisb » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:56 am

Fluid Revolution was the Art of Flight of it's time. You can watch it on youtube too. I like the early Slingshot stuff with Tobias.

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 am

le noun wrote:Antandroy... definitely my favorite! {_
Forgot about this one, totally one of the best out there! Epic and some serious quality went into editing and filming.

Thanks.
Sold all my gear; ebbs and flows; see you next season.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:59 am

On a somewhat related note, "Where the Trail Ends" is a sick Downhill MTB equivalent of Art of Flight.