Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re:

Post by Loscocco » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Rob wrote:Please kill this thread.!
+1
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Re: Re:

Post by sloughslut » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Loscocco wrote:
Rob wrote:Please kill this thread.!
+1

+1
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

amir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Post by amir » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Hell yeah sherman needs an upgrade... kite caddies, taco bar, latte stand, beer faucet, siesta hammocks... :dance:

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:36 am

amir wrote:Hell yeah sherman needs an upgrade... kite caddies, taco bar, latte stand, beer faucet, siesta hammocks... :dance:
I've got all that parked over at the marina.. it's called a 5th wheel and jetski %$

BTW: CROWN BEACH , ALAMEDA IS THE BEST BEACH TO LEARN ON/OFF OF..........
AND THEY ARE GOING TO BE PUMPING IN 90,000 CUBIC TONS OF NEW SAND STARTING IN SEPTEMBER,.... ENJOY!!!

note: I KK(( CAP LOCK, but I'm more then willing to take the lock off my capper of you stand in my way too long---

L.M.G.

OK Ollie; now you can kill this thread MJ0_

Rob
Regular
Regular

Post by Rob » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:19 pm

RIP

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:39 am

i'm confused. I thought this thread was about "upgrading" sherman. not "improve sherman logistics". The logistics are fine...but if we're talking about upgrading:

1. create a giant, mile long island upwind with epic butter.
2. build several kickers and sliders
3. add cable park for no wind days
4. narrow the channel at a single point to increase the size of the swells for the folks who ride their surfboards

now THAT would be an upgrade!
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

shred_da_gorge
Regular
Regular

Post by shred_da_gorge » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 am

adamrod wrote:i'm confused. I thought this thread was about "upgrading" sherman. not "improve sherman logistics". The logistics are fine...but if we're talking about upgrading:

1. create a giant, mile long island upwind with epic butter.
2. build several kickers and sliders
3. add cable park for no wind days
4. narrow the channel at a single point to increase the size of the swells for the folks who ride their surfboards

now THAT would be an upgrade!
Sounds like Wells Island, the Marina, the proposal for the old Nichols Boatworks, and the mouth of the White Salmon (and/or Rufus). Oh sorry... wrong state. ;-)

zgur
Resident
Resident

Post by zgur » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Hello, shred_da_gorge....you are leaving out the miles of driving/wind chasing that you have to do to connect all those spots....Adam is talking about his "I won the lottery and have F you money" improvement plan - for a single location

Get sum, Z

siguy
Joey
Joey

Post by siguy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 am

There is no lottery jackpot big enough to give you "F you money" in this situation. This piece of land is owned by the State of California and is part of a Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Area. It is leased, with substantial restrictions, to the County of Sacramento to run the park. The money for the upgrades to the boat launch, parking lots and "perma-potties"--which occurred, as I recall, around 2000--came, substantially, from boat registrations and fishing and hunting licenses. These guys paid for it and they use it; the back parking lot fills up with pickups and boat trailers by about 7 am most fall and winter mornings.

windstoked
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by windstoked » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 pm

siguy wrote:There is no lottery jackpot big enough to give you "F you money" in this situation. This piece of land is owned by the State of California and is part of a Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Area. It is leased, with substantial restrictions, to the County of Sacramento to run the park. The money for the upgrades to the boat launch, parking lots and "perma-potties"--which occurred, as I recall, around 2000--came, substantially, from boat registrations and fishing and hunting licenses. These guys paid for it and they use it; the back parking lot fills up with pickups and boat trailers by about 7 am most fall and winter mornings.
Thanks for your input, Siguy.
We should work with the Department of Fish and Game then, as that seems to be what works for the boat hunters and fishermen.
Perhaps we could all buy hunting licenses, and create a Kite Hunting season. It would last from May to September, before regular hunting season sort of like bow hunting for deer. Even if we don’t get any ducks with our kites, it would still fit within the DFG’s statutory mandate to provide access facilities for hunters.
As a friend of mine that works for the DFG legal division says, all it has to do is pass the laugh test.