Newbie from Alaska!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Dillagen
Joey
Joey
Newbie from Alaska!

Post by Dillagen » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Hey fellow kite boarders! My name is Dylan and I live in Santa Rosa but work in Alaska 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. I just got my set up. How is dillon beach? I see guys there from time to time. I have been using my crazy fly trainer kite and want to get in to the water. Does any body go out where I am located? And if so I would love to tag along and soak up some knowledge! I have a 135/42 axis vanguard and a rrd vision 10.5.

NorCal Rookie
Joey
Joey

Re: Newbie from Alaska!

Post by NorCal Rookie » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Go to Doran at high tide.

salthouse
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Newbie from Alaska!

Post by salthouse » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:22 pm

You should start at Bodega Bay on a North West wind direction with a high tide of a least 2.5ft or higher. This weekend has a great tide in the afternoon but the wind may not be very strong. Sometimes it can be too windy with turbulent gusts in the 30's. A.K.A. learning the hard way. Have some one launch and land you. Ask that person a ton of questions. What is your current skill level? What types of lessons have you already done? My guess is you would like to keep your board and not trash your new kite!!! so staying out of the surf until your skills develop would be smart.
have fun and play it safe

johnny apple seed