Poll: Should all users be registered?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:34 pm

Wait until it's broke before you fix it. Sounds like it's working well the way it is.

I think people are a little too afraid of losing the anonymity ability, though. I'm on plenty of other non-anon forums, where registered users can still be lunkheads. ;)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:02 pm

Yes, I think it's best left open. It goes with the intended spirit of the site in that the site is for all and by all. Everyone is welcome. You've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet, and there's no way we'll get to how kiteforum is as far as flaming and negativity. We're able to maintain a local vibe while still attracting global and national users.

I think it's normal for every "healthy" forum to have occasional controversy, negativity or flaming. That human nature. I've never wanted to have to moderate or censor anything and I won't start now.

It's up to you, the user, to moderate yourselves!

Off to the races now, wish me luck in the Bridge To Bridge Race!

shmed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shmed » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:18 pm

Ollie, I think you set a really good, positive tone for the forum and I really appreciate your hard work and thoughts-- definitely like the vibe @ BAK and want to throw out my thanks and appreciation.

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:49 pm

If I don't know someone's handle name, that person can be anonymous to me. We all have a different opinion so let's face it. I belive in people's good intentions but it's also true that hatred can also be a part of human nature. We all have a choice of acceptance and rejection, so if someone wants to be part of such a negative conversation, they have a choice. Overall I think many kiters are so cool and happy that's why we all kite, right???

Let's hope for good winds for the weekend! :yawinkle: