Trainer kite bar

mkhafagy
Joey
Joey
Trainer kite bar

Post by mkhafagy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi,

I am very new to kiteboarding, just had my first session with trainer kite this weekend, and I bought a trainer kite today it's a 1.9m foil and I started practicing on it in the marina green, the wind is good and I could feel the power and I succeeded for few times to launch it without the help of my friend. However I have very important inquiry as the kite I bought doesn't have the bar, it's only handles, I checked a couple of earlier posts and it was recommended to get one with the bar but I didn't know that it doesn't have the bar when I bought it, do you know if the bar is sold separately? or if anyone here is selling the bar separately. I checked amazon and craigslist but with no hope.

Thanks in advance

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 am

You can build a bar pretty easily for under $10 (maybe even free).

Get a 1" thick wooden dowel, cut to about 45-50cm, drill some holes straight through about 3/4" from the ends. Attach some 1/8" rope through these holes and either attach directly to kite line from this rope or you can use two steel rings and a leash to create a safety. This is advised, as it allows letting go of the bar to release to a flagged kite. Not only can it prevent you last-minute from hitting someone or something, but a good behavior to practice is letting go of the bar to lose power.

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Re: Trainer kite bar

Post by kitenaked » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:40 am

Come by our shop and we will hook you up. Making a bar is super easy as already suggested.
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

rvv
Regular
Regular

Re: Trainer kite bar

Post by rvv » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:45 am

I hav 50cm trainer kite bars for under $30 with leader lines and wrist leash.
http://www.kgbswag.com/shop/hq-rush-con ... dual-line/
Royce V
KGBswag