Too Many Rats...

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
shred_da_gorge
Regular
Regular
Re: Too Many Rats...

Post by shred_da_gorge » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:35 pm

I surfed in that area in the early 90's and the locals often tried to bully you. Even longboarding at Cowell's I had a big Samoan-looking dude push me off a wave I'd caught, and on a later paddle back out I grabbed his leash and knocked him down. A few days later I ran into him on shore and thought he was going to pummel me but he said "wassup bruddah"... I guess I earned his "respeck." ^^^

I soon learned that surfing the many spots further north of Santa Cruz was much more rewarding. Met lots of "soul surfers", learned a lot more, and shared many more stories. ^^

Then there was a time we were windsurfing from the 'point' (we used to call that break between Cowell's and the lighthouse that seems not to be so popular with surfers anymore) and I wound up just catching a wave all the way into Cowell's when the wind started to die. Oh, the surfers were just so happy to see a windsurfer come riding through! (not). =*

California = entitlement. XZSD

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:11 pm

shred_da_gorge wrote:California = entitlement. XZSD
One of the funniest lines to this day:

"Welcome to Northern California. Bring a black wetsuit, a white surfboard, a beard and a bad attitude"

It is cold here though so maybe that contributes to aggro

mbzporvida
Regular
Regular

Post by mbzporvida » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:29 am

Looks like the old man will have his hands full this weekend....

http://shootout.surftech.com
Another trip around the sun ?