full 5 tower cable park in sacramento!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Re: full 5 tower cable park in sacramento!!

Post by stompdit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 pm

GNAR!

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:44 pm

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:14 pm

wow. that's a lot. day rates are pretty standard though....

depending on how crowded it is, an hour is plenty for most folks. last time I went to one, I was absolutely thrashed after 30 minutes.
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Sun May 05, 2013 7:56 pm

This place is so much fun! Definitely gonna hit it up as much as possible, when there is no wind.

zgur
Resident
Resident

Post by zgur » Tue May 07, 2013 4:06 pm

An interesting distraction...if you are in sacto and have some time to burn....good times....

Although in cali, we live in the land of plenty good conditions of the real thing....not sure I get why go fake when you can have the real thing....

The reason they are putting these parks up in Sacto is that they have no ocean nor mountains and plenty of folks who want to be cool.....nothing wrong with that, not hating on Sacto in any way....

Regardless, we live in a magical place....enjoy whatever you do/where you do it....and spread the aloha vibe.

Get some, Z

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Thu May 09, 2013 7:41 am

hey, how is it riding your kiteboard? did you try any air tricks at all? I'm tempted to get one of the LF hybrids...but might just use what I have too...

seems like your kiteboard base might get pretty trashed?
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Thu May 09, 2013 1:51 pm

I didn't try any load and pop tricks. I was having so much fun on the kickers/sliders, I wanted to save my arms for that. Was trying tantrums/backflips, 360's, and 180's off kickers.

my board looked alot different than the cable/wake boards other people were using, but It felt fine for what I was doing. The only thing that felt kind of weird, is when i would land hard off the kickers, i could feel my board flex like crazy, thought it might explode, but it didn't. My board is kind of a limp noodle for a wakestyle board, I think the DLX is stiffer.

It did leave a bunch of little cosmetic scratches on the base. kind of like those on a snowboard base from riding park. I think this would be the only externality of using a kiteboard on cable. maybe something to consider if worried about resale. I got my board 2nd hand, super cheap, along time ago. so im not worried about it.

those LF hybrids look sick, I'll probably get a cable board eventually.

hit me up if you want to carpool or meet up there.

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Mon May 13, 2013 11:50 am

zgur wrote:The reason they are putting these parks up in Sacto is that they have no ocean nor mountains and plenty of folks who want to be cool.....nothing wrong with that, not hating on Sacto in any way....
Actually we have both mountains & the ocean... in under a two hour's drive.
The reason for why these parks are popping up here, is the Valley is home to many snowboarders & skateboarders which cross over to wakeboarding/wakeskating during the summer months. There're also a lot of wakeboarders already living here as well. Many of these riders (snow, skate, wake) are even recognized professionals at their craft. They've all chosen to live in the Valley because of its proximity to their sport's destinations.
The issue is wakeboard boats are expensive, gas is not cheap and you always require at least 3 people to make it happen (driver, flagger and rider). Getting your "wake" session on with the same frequency as snowboarding & skateboarding can't be done for most riders, so these cable parks are the perfect alternative. Bottom line is it has nothing to do with "wanting to be cool".;-)

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Wow, apparently there is another full 5 tower cable park already built and scheduled to open before summer in woodland, ca (just north of Davis) great news as it will bring a diversity in features to hit and competition with pricing and attracting customers between the parks!

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/cwb-bo ... k-team-up/

https://www.facebook.com/VelocityIslandPark

zgur
Resident
Resident

Post by zgur » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Boots are restarted, unless you are DRE or Eric Reinstra