Hyperflex's new Accidental Damage Plan!

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
EvanOR
Regular
Regular

Post by EvanOR » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:29 pm

Check it out!
Attachments
Damage Plan.jpg
Damage Plan.jpg (103.6KiB)Viewed 9831 times
Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding
Hyperflex Wetsuits

Golden Gate Sailing Expeditions

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 am

They need an accidental 'my wetsuit sucks' plan. Sent my last one back for being sucky.

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Re: Hyperflex's new Accidental Damage Plan!

Post by WindMuch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 am

So what's the deal on this brand? This isn't the first time I've heard bad things about these suits. Are these unsubstantiated rumors floating around or are there really quality control and/or design issues with these suits?

Other than Monte, can others chime in with their experiences with Hyperflex suits?

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Seems like it's a 50/50 your hyperflex suit will break in a year for common users and maybe 20/80 if you use it less frequent. Seems like good quality materials with some need for more stringent quality assurance measures.

Haven't personally used but just my account from extensively researching this earlier in the season when my wetsuit bit the dust. Ultimately went with Xcel since a sale put it at nearly the same price.

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Basically, the rubber is not high quality and the patterns are not to sophisticated. They are fine suits for under $200. However, compared to a high performance surf suit, there is no comparison.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm

My experience has been OK. I have had HF suits for the last 3-4 years and have had mixed results, but mostly good. All the suits I've had that did not have leg drains and velcro straps for the ankles performed very well and I still have one 5/4/3 that's in perfect shape and a three year old 3/2 that is in perfect shape as well. But you need to use separate ankle straps with them to keep water out of the legs.

All the suits I've had with leg drains and/or velcro ankle straps performed fine except on all of them a couple things have happened: The first year of the Amp K with leg drains experienced more or less failure and blowing out of the ankle cuff section and leg drains. The cuff would just kind of get loose and frayed and no longer fit snug and the velcro straps would get to where the velcro didn't really grip much anymore, which can happen with velcro I suppose. But I can say that other than various failures around the ankles none of the seams failed and the suits have held together pretty good. The thin shorty has been great, it's really just been the 3/2 Amp K's fullsuits that can show more wear than they should sooner than they should. FWIW, I no longer have any affiliation with HF.

EvanOR
Regular
Regular

Post by EvanOR » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 am

No question that there were issues with 2011 model year AMPs, but anybody with problems got a replacement no questions asked. From 2012 on the suits have been really nice, and are much less expensive than comparable big name brands.
Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding
Hyperflex Wetsuits

gatorjos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gatorjos » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 am

My 3/2 had two tears in the seams in about a year after buying with probably 50 sessions on it. The weld material on the seams is cracking, so I expect more holes. I just fixed them with Aqua Seal, but haven't used the suit yet. It is nice and stretchy though, it fits well, and it only cost $150 on sale ($300+ retail price).
I emailed them when I first got the tear and never heard back. Altogether I am not that impressed with Hyperflex, and will look elsewhere for a suit next time...
Recovering kitebum
Travel blog at:
http://21stcenturyhobo.com

EvanOR
Regular
Regular

Post by EvanOR » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:53 am

Gatorjos, you should have received a new suit. Send me the details and I'll take care of it for you - Evan@oceanrodeo.com.
Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding
Hyperflex Wetsuits

gatorjos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gatorjos » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks Evan! I wrote you an email =-
Recovering kitebum
Travel blog at:
http://21stcenturyhobo.com