Liquid Force Styler Boardshort harness

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:41 am

So, I don't do this often, but I have to say, the LF Styler boardshort harness is the best shorts / seat harness ever made.

Disclaimers: I've been repping Liquid Force for something like 5 years now. I designed the harness. So yeah, I'm biased.

That said, after breaking ribs on 3 separate occasions (usually on kiteloops), I gave up on riding a waist harness as it was too painful on bones that refused to heal. I started with the Dakine Nitrous shorts, which were nice, but honestly felt like a seat harness with shorts attached to them.

I then switched to LF and started riding their Gen1 and Gen2 boardshorts harnesses. They were great, but honestly not the most durable.

Given my experiences and my connection with LF, they let me design the new harness. It's a revolution. It feels like a combination between a climbing harness and a pair of boardshorts. I can walk around in them all day, they're super durable (as I found all the weakpoints in the last versions), they look good, and most of all COMFORTABLE.

This is not a harness for someone who needs a ton of support. This is the ultimate minimalist harness. lighter than any waist harness, and no big bulky piece of foam to keep you from tweaking out those strapless airs and passing the bar on handlepasses. It's much, much less restrictive than any other boardshort or waist harness on the market, so keep that in mind.
styler.png
styler harness
styler.png (206.92KiB)Viewed 10951 times
IMG_0361-001.JPG
IMG_0361-001.JPG (954.01KiB)Viewed 10950 times
http://liquidforcekites.com/product/har ... t-harness/

SO, if that sounds like something you want, you should pick one up! Best of all, if you have a problem with it or a suggestion for some new feature, email me and I'll integrate the fix into the next version!
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Re: Liquid Force Styler Boardshort harness

Post by Bulldog » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Adam, does it have the same setup in the back as the older one I bought from you? I like the harness, there are days (gusty wind especially) when I find I want a little more back support. Or maybe it's the opposite, the pull gets directed to my back instead of more evenly distributed through my core.

Oh and are they going to make them in solid colors, or just stripes...the wave riding crowd is a little more conservative in the fashion department :::)
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Paul,

Setup is similar in the back. It's a bit more comfortable I believe, but honestly there's not really any more back support than previous models. the beauty of this harness is the flexibility. There's not much support, but it means you have tons of freedom of movement.

as for stripes, yeah, I didn't have much say in the fashion (although it does match my striped shirt theme!). Right now, they only have stripes, but I will ask. one option is you could buy some wallgreens RIT dye and dye the whole thing black :-)...

Let me know if you have any feedback on your harness too and I will see about integrating it into next years model. Maybe we could use you as a beta tester :-)

Adam
ShredReady Helmets

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Would love to try a pair!! Where do I get some? I could try to break in to the hard core Dakine crowd here in Santa Cruz.

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:47 pm

I know 2nd wind http://www.2ndwind-sports.com/ in the gorge has them.

Bellingham kiteboarding also has them: http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com

that's among shops in the west coast. But, pretty much any shop here in the bay area could probably order you a pair as well. Boardsports and live2kite would be more than happy to do it.
ShredReady Helmets

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks Adam. How does the sizing run? Will likely have to mail order.

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Adam, will you autograph them? Or issue a special signed and numbered edition?
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 am

I have a medium. I'm like a 32-33 waist and the medium is a little tight on me. So, if you're a 33 or bigger, go Large.

it's basically the same as boardshort sizing....and keep in mind they stretch out a bit in the water too.

they also come with a cool undershort to reduce chafing if worn without a wetsuit. I didn't get that tho, cause I was riding a proto.
ShredReady Helmets

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 am

Erin,

I will gladly autograph your harness :-) ";

You want me to write something special on there?

heh heh.

in all seriousness, i bet if we got enough interest, we could do some cool, bay area special edition tho :-)

unfortunately, I don't think there are enough boardshort harness converts out there to justify it. folks just don't know what they're missing!

Adam
ShredReady Helmets

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm in. :-). I'd take two pair.