Dates and itinerary for Caribbean kite cruise

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!

Moderator: BayAreaKite

Dates and itinerary for Caribbean kite cruise

Postby windrider99 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm looking for other kiters interested in sailing and kiting in the Caribbean this spring.

I'm planning to charter a 47-foot Catamaran for a kite cruise in the Eastern Caribbean from April 17-May 11 2013. The plan is to start in Tortola in the British Virgin Islands and then visit Anegada and Virgin Gorda for a week or so of kiting. Then we'll sail to St. Martin and visit kite spots there and on the nearby islands of Anguilla and St. Barts.

The boat is a large comfortable cruising catamaran with 4 double cabins, 4 bathrooms, a galley/dining area, and a spacious cockpit. I've done several cruises to those islands in similar boats so I know that area well. In addition to kiting we can snorkle, dive, sightsee, and enjoy many great beach bars and restaurants.

The cost of the boat comes to $125 per cabin per night. Share a cabin with a friend and its just $62.50 per person per night. You can join the cruise for as many days as you wish -- just fly into either the Tortola or St. Martin airports and we'll arrange to meet up.

For further information, email me at bassailor at gmail dot com.

Postby tgautier » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 am

This sounds awesome. Doing something like this is on my list and doing it with someone that knows the ropes a bit would be advantageous.

Unfortunately our baby is due 4/3 so leaving just a few weeks after that for the Carribbean doesn't seem like it will work.

Re: Dates and itinerary for Caribbean kite cruise

Postby y2kbug » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:11 pm

I would love to join in for the last week of April. Please PM me with details if this is still on.

Re: Dates and itinerary for Caribbean kite cruise

Postby Red_Element_Andy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm also interested --- have experience sailing Catana cats up to 47' - so can contribute as a crew as well.

Any chance to jump in for just a week?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion