Black Butte Session #1

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Yoda
Resident
Resident
Black Butte Session #1

Post by Yoda » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:58 pm

I went out to Black Butte Res. today for my first time and caught a great session with a couple of buddies. The wind was really steady with only an occasional gust or lull. I was well powered on my 11m riding both a twin and my surfboard. My friend & fellow kiter got to tour more of the lake via his KiteCat... now I want one! Google KiteCat for more details if you don't know what this is.

If you haven't been there, Black Butte is a large and beautiful lake with rolling hills and towers of basaltic rock all around it. You're also able to view Mt Lassen off in the distance from some spots on the water. It kind of reminded me of the view of Mt. Hood when kiting near the WA side at Hood River.

I'm looking forward to kiting there again someday soon. I really enjoy the adventure of kiting at new spots and discovering what they have to offer.
Btw... Tomorrow is actually looking to be better than today's conditions, so I may head back.;-)

le noun
Old School
Old School

Re: Black Butte Session #1

Post by le noun » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Jealous. No wind here in the bay. Looks like this week is gonna be even worse. :cry:
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

AD72
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Black Butte Session #1

Post by AD72 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:31 am

That was a good time. Here is more information about the location
http://www.kitezombies.com/airwaves/kite_blackbutte.htm