no wind... so BORED?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident
no wind... so BORED?

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Finally got to rock one of the so hyped FireWire boards last Saturday at OB. I rode the dominator 5'4" thruster squashtail, 10m strapless, 25 mph... so I had a sick session basically.

DA good:
Quad fin (Hell skatey and fun, quad virgin)
Clean surf (carved clean dropped in nice and quick, Fast floaty surf turns)
Size (small and fast but oddly floaty)
In small clean surf this would be the board of my choice, not OB per se

and that BaD:
Horrible in the slosh (way outside, just plain bouncy)
If it goes down in whitewater it rolls, fast, dangerous,wild and fun! Seriously I spent some time dodging that shit!
Long turns, maybe I needed more time to dial it, or its just OB... just never hit the bottom turns lime I'd like, kinda lit whomp!

Overall its a sick board and I'd have one in my quiver if I had three (surf) boards. I think I want the 5'10" hellfire first even w out trying it. I broke my old slingy board and now after trying one of these I'm hooked... I don't promote this shit (apparently they are pushing customer promotions like other brands). I also want to try the libtec boards.... anyways just sayin

http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2012/11/2 ... e-firewire
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: no wind... so BORED?

Post by stompdit » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 am

I'm waiting for that KP1 without inserts, the (WP1511Q PRO). so sick!

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 pm

(*tt how about KOMBAT KITING!! a kill or be killed obstical course `` combined with PAINT BALL GUNS NJ** last kiter standing (un-hit) wins MJ0_ MJ0_ MJ0_ MJ0_

Another GRAND IDEA brought to U by L.M.G.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm

no wetsuits allowed +*!@

-call it Guerilla Racing :lol: :lol: :lol:

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:46 pm

I like it Greg!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

no wind... so BORED?

Post by sc-surfer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 pm

@nc

I'm riding the hellfire 506 and love it. Not sure of your size but I'm 5'9" 175 lbs and the smaller hellfire is great. I also have an older 602 surf model with reinforced deck that I like a lot.
Give the FW a bit of time to get used to. I found that when I got my hellfire it seemed hard to ride at first but made me a much better kiter real fast!
I personally prefer the thruster setup over the quad but maybe that's just me.
A for feeling bouncy out in the chop, ya that can be true. Try moving your front foot about 6" forward and your back foot 6-8" forward on those long tacks out and back. It'll smooth out the ride and help you make better upwind progress.
If you are looking to purchase FW is offering a couple of kite models for $350. Pm me if you want morel info. I have no affiliation with FW but can connect you to lone of the reps.

Keep the stoke!!

kingfisher
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kingfisher » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:02 pm

I know that Firewire had only 2 models in one size (6'-2")for $350, and one of them is sold out. This was about two weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the other model is also sold out at that price. CC%%

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm

I bought a Firewire Quad-Fish, blew that piece of shiit out in the first two hours, no thanks!

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

no wind... so BORED?

Post by sc-surfer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 am

Greg wrote:I bought a Firewire Quad-Fish, blew that piece of shiit out in the first two hours, no thanks!
Details please.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:16 am

After getting the shop line of BULLSHIT, I went out launching little strapless airs off bay chop, never getting over 5-6' up), hitting the chop with tight little cutbacks, etc.. and the board cracked.... I repaired it with a STRONG PATCH and sold it for peanuts...

Frankly I'd say the best bet for hard-core SURF kiters is buying lightly USED SURF BOARDS and reenforcing the deck BEFORE kiting....

In comparision: My boards have lasted for YEARS, ride MUCH FASTER and with WAY MORE CONTROL AND DRIVE- my boards weight more but the DRIVE is super smooth with almost no chatter,... but my ROCKER is much less, so they are NOT really about SURFING VERTICALLY unless your legs are as big a tree trunks .. They WILL however RACE those LARGE, FAST, nearly closed out sections-

Have FUN!! L.M.G.