Confused about water quality?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
friggin old guy
Regular
Regular
Re: Confused about water quality?

Post by friggin old guy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:06 pm

PARASITES! You forgot to mention the parasitic worms at Alameda that can cause "swimmer's itch" and skin rashes that are difficult to explain to your significant other.

You know the saying.....If it doesn't kill you.......it just makes you....... look bad.

Personally I don't think the time you'll spend in the water will do anything to you unless you swallow one of the mutated fish.

But if you follow this forum at all, you'll note that we have all kinds of reasons why people shouldn't go in the water......we like to keep the crowds down.

There are sharks in the bay. Really. And parasites. And mutated fish. And horrible really bad traffic that is really really dangerous.

Um....Ollie.....the gassy bloated feeling can come from too many post sesh beers imbibed to counteract the infected waters, not from the water itself. Just sayin. There's a balance point or you add to the dangerous traffic thing.......vicious circle

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 pm

kitecrazy wrote:How about a car Go-Joe for when you get thrown out of your windshield and need to get back to your car? Heaven forbid you use a car leash.

I like my car leash. Who are you to tell me that a car leash is bad.

:-)

buckidge
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by buckidge » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Good thing this wasn't posted in the beginner forum or we would all be in trouble!
I do have that don't kiters itch though. Esp. This time of year. Hope its not contagious.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are built for"

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:04 pm

buckidge wrote:Good thing this wasn't posted in the beginner forum or we would all be in trouble!
I do have that don't kiters itch though. Esp. This time of year. Hope its not contagious.

Ya, Kirk would be all over us. :-)

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 pm

sc-surfer wrote:
buckidge wrote:Good thing this wasn't posted in the beginner forum or we would all be in trouble!

Ya, Kirk would be all over us. :-)
Not to worry boyz, you're all good here!

Kirk out