Brazil

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
mbzporvida
Regular
Regular
Brazil

Post by mbzporvida » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Another trip around the sun ?

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brazil

Post by Loscocco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm

siiick!!!
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:52 am

this post made me think of this vid. also shot in brazil.

http://vimeo.com/52370829

check out the synchronized mobes at 1:01 minutes...
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

recoprianto
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by recoprianto » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:03 am

I think it is oddly interesting that all of the best US pros are going down to NE Brazil and spending months in the Taiba Lagoon. In my experience, this is one of the smallest and the least exciting lagoons.

Whenever I have passed through Taiba, there are guys that kited in this mini lagoon for 3-4 months and had never gone to any other spots.

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Brazil

Post by sc-surfer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 am

recoprianto wrote:I think it is oddly interesting that all of the best US pros are going down to NE Brazil and spending months in the Taiba Lagoon. In my experience, this is one of the smallest and the least exciting lagoons.

Whenever I have passed through Taiba, there are guys that kited in this mini lagoon for 3-4 months and had never gone to any other spots.
Sounds about like Americans. Here in Baja it's the same. There's no wind in LB right now but there are spots less than an hour away that are blowing but everyone just sits in camp or the hotel and waits. No one ventures out beyond the safety of base camp. I don't get it.

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:37 am

Pax Americana

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Brazil

Post by sc-surfer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Aloha wrote:Pax Americana

More like 'packs of Americanas'

:-)

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

the thing is, these pro-guys, they are only kiting maybe, an hour each day. they're not in brazil to see the sites or explore new places to kite. they're just gonna train in consistent conditions in the same spot so they can nail their tricks. and it's not like they're doing these marathon sessions exploring the coast.

in terms of lagoons? i agree, taiba is TINY. i didn't even kite there it was so small, but i can sortof see why they stay there. It's small enough that they can dominate it and keep the beginners and land mowing folk out.

look at a lagoon like cauipe. it's nearly impossible to throw a simple backroll there, there's so many lessons being taught, beginners, cows, kids swimming, horses...

the lf vid is taiba right? i think the naish one might be uruau?
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Post by sloughslut » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:13 am

About the same size as the beach at sherman or the island beach where every body jumps back and fourth
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

recoprianto
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by recoprianto » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:12 am

adamrod wrote:the thing is, these pro-guys, they are only kiting maybe, an hour each day. they're not in brazil to see the sites or explore new places to kite. they're just gonna train in consistent conditions in the same spot so they can nail their tricks. and it's not like they're doing these marathon sessions exploring the coast.

in terms of lagoons? i agree, taiba is TINY. i didn't even kite there it was so small, but i can sortof see why they stay there. It's small enough that they can dominate it and keep the beginners and land mowing folk out.

look at a lagoon like cauipe. it's nearly impossible to throw a simple backroll there, there's so many lessons being taught, beginners, cows, kids swimming, horses...

the lf vid is taiba right? i think the naish one might be uruau?
That makes sense and Taiba does have a decent nightlife in town. Yes, the LF video is Taiba.