Ocean Beach looking goood!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
le noun
Old School
Old School
Re: Ocean Beach looking goood!

Post by le noun » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:27 pm

NCKite_Ryder wrote:
le noun wrote:like eating hot jalapenos and hoping not to have your anus set on fire.
Damn I knew I shouldn't of eaten that habenaro last night. CC%%
It tastes good but you've got to pay the price. 8)
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

ianwallace14
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ianwallace14 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:09 pm

surfdog wrote:Is there a reason that you can't just come and ride instead of plastering this on the web and inviting all the "mindless sheep" to join you ! What a bunch of shit flies !! :evil:
I walk across the street to the beach I love and I'm happy to have someone to wave the shaka to as I go by...

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:04 pm

surfdog wrote:Is there a reason that you can't just come and ride instead of plastering this on the web and inviting all the "mindless sheep" to join you ! What a bunch of shit flies !! :evil:
C'mon now. You must have missed out on our other recent topics. The forum was started for other reasons, many listed on the home page. I know that the reason for your post, while being a valid personal opinion, isn't really one of them. Not sure how long you've been kiting, but its pointless in this day and age to:

1. Complain about kiters populating a spot.
2. Think you belong there more or have more right to it than others.

If the wind blows, they will come.

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Plus bro remember we don't have as much to worry about when it comes to crowding - because the water texture at OB makes it look windier than it actually is, so people who don't know the spot tend to get fooled into using smaller kites than necessary - Which results in many of them not staying upwind

...And that leaves the locals who are slightly advantaged by the wind (because we are local) despite being on kites of the same size as the non-locals to enjoy the waves upwind without distraction ^^

ramsey
Resident
Resident

Post by ramsey » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 am

Is there a reason that you can't just come and ride instead of plastering this on the web and inviting all the "mindless sheep" to join you ! What a bunch of shit flies !! :evil:
I've never seemed to have a problem getting mine when other people are around. Especially at a place like OB where there are miles of beach to ride. I guess that's because I've learned how to kite upwind.

etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by etxxz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm

ramsey wrote:
Is there a reason that you can't just come and ride instead of plastering this on the web and inviting all the "mindless sheep" to join you ! What a bunch of shit flies !! :evil:
I've never seemed to have a problem getting mine when other people are around. Especially at a place like OB where there are miles of beach to ride. I guess that's because I've learned how to kite upwind.
exactly. i laughed sunday everyone crammed up by Kelly's. I did launch up there but went south almost immediatly - beside better waves south. Only a few kiters ventured my way all session. Everytime i looked up it reminded me of a Newton's Pendulum S*urf

recoprianto
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by recoprianto » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:58 pm

If you didn't get it yet, we generally consider ourselves a community and are willing to share the love with each other. I hope OB is not your spoiled "secret spot".

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm

There should be a script on this site that automatically closes server connections as soon as any ikitesurf sensor averages above 20 knots, and doesn't come back online until after sunset.

This would solve all crowding problems, cure cancer and possibly bring peace to the Middle East.

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Ocean Beach looking goood!

Post by sc-surfer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Don't come ride front yards. Its my private beach and it gets to crowded as it is. I hate it when some bros show up to try and share my stoke. Can't they just quit kiting and leave me alone. I never post when its good so that no crowds come.

:-)

spvone
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by spvone » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 pm

You got your 15 minutes, now go back to SoCal with that attitude.