Golf bag recommendations

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
goksun
Joey
Joey
Golf bag recommendations

Post by goksun » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi everyone, I'm sure this has been asked probably 10,000 times but I'm new here. I will be travelling to Mexico and need to bring my gear with me - obviously since I'm posting here :) I have a 135cm Jaime board and 2 kites. I've checked online and there are a lot of "golf" bags out there but I really don't know which one to get. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Goksun

ps. Wohooo this is my first post so please don't tear me to pieces and feed me to the wolves "; Joking, I know you guys are all friendly folk!

kitecrazy
Regular
Regular

Re: Golf bag recommendations

Post by kitecrazy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm

I've got an original NSI pro golf bag and it still works great. It's been to mexico 5 times, South Padre Island, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. I can get a 14m and 10m, 137x43 board, harness, shortie wetsuit, two bars, pump and rashguard in there and still have 3 or 4 pounds of margin before the 50lb limit. Dont take the kite bags, bar bags, board bags, etc...leave it att home; you wont need it.

(almost) every airline makes you pay for checked bags and they dont seem to care as long as you are under 50lbs.
When you look for a bag, look for a light one that isn't really huge. Dont go too light though or the bag wont protect your gear from the savage baggage handlers. Weigh your bag before you go to the airport.

etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by etxxz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Just went to maui with a borrowed Naish golfbag. 3kites, lines pump harness a 138cm TT. snorkeling mask large camelpack 4booties and yeah it was pretty tight in there but worked out awesome. $25 baggage fee with united.

goksun
Joey
Joey

Post by goksun » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks for the recommendations. Appreciate it.

Cheers!
Goksun

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:12 am

F-One has some beautiful luggage line including a golf bag.
Find it a lot sexier than the whole black usual golf bags.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 am

all the kite golf bags are much MUCH bigger than a normal golf bag. If you show up with your "golf" bag and a real golfer is checking in before you, it's very possible the agent will give you crap about it. It's happened to me.

Luckily, there's a simple solution. Use a snowboard bag. They have the same exemption as golf bags, and your kiteboard fits in there easily. it says Burton on it, it's obviously a snowboard bag, and when i open it up, there's a board inside.

nowadays, with the 50lb limit, you'll hit the weight limit long before you fill up your snowboard or golf bag.
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

victor
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by victor » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 pm

there is no weight limit on kite or windsurf gear on virgin.