Sale for Best, LF, and Naish on Real Watersports

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
buckler12m
Contributor
Contributor

Post by buckler12m » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi All,

I just got an email blast from Real Watersports in Cape Hatteras that has a deal where if you spend over $1K on a brand new kite, you can get a free Liquid Force Twin Tip board of your choice.

While I am not in the market currently, there looks like there are some good deals on 2011,2012, and 2013 kites that when packaged with a free board can make for a pretty sweet deal.

Here is the link for those that are interested: http://www.realwatersports.com/news/fir ... st-served/

If anyone sees something similar that includes Cabrinha or North, please give me the heads up.

jsin138
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Sale for Best, LF, and Naish on Real Watersports

Post by jsin138 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:33 pm

For Cab & possibly North check out these guys. http://www.xlkiteboarding.com. They offer free boards with any new kite purchase. If you want a specific board their Tier 2 or Tier 3 boards are $150 & $250 respectively. +Free Shipping. No affiliation, just found their store/deals when checking out reddit.com/r/kiteboarding.

-cheers

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:03 am

How about trying to get the same deal from your local shop first? There are 10 in the Bay Area!
I am certain that they/we will meet or beat any online price as well as offer you local full product support and a physical review of your new gear. Supporting your local kite shop/biz is always your best option!
Royce V
KGBswag

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:14 am

rvv wrote:How about trying to get the same deal from your local shop first? There are 10 in the Bay Area!
I am certain that they/we will meet or beat any online price as well as offer you local full product support and a physical review of your new gear. Supporting your local kite shop/biz is always your best option!
True dat!! At least try local first.

Red_Element_Andy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Red_Element_Andy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:37 am

As much as I want to buy local, I just can't justify a $400-$500 premium to buy a kite from a brick-and-mortar. For this reason I try and support my local shop by buying the small stuff there (harness, bag, surf-repair kit, wax, etc.), but not a kite. :(

Sonny
Resident
Resident

Post by Sonny » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:20 am

Red_Element_Andy wrote:As much as I want to buy local, I just can't justify a $400-$500 premium to buy a kite from a brick-and-mortar. For this reason I try and support my local shop by buying the small stuff there (harness, bag, surf-repair kit, wax, etc.), but not a kite. :(
Most local shops will match the online deal.
Sonny
3rd AVE Kite Repair
sonny@kite3rd.com
http://www.kite3rd.com

buckler12m
Contributor
Contributor

Post by buckler12m » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:24 am

I agree buying local and always have to this point. I bought a brand new kite this year from Cali Kites here in SF and plan to fill out my quiver and get a directional in the next few months and intend to buy local.

Sometimes there are deals that you can't pass up and I know others that are more sensitive to price. I was simply trying to help put this up for others to make the decision for themselves, but like the recommendation of taking those prices to the local shop to see if they can or at least come close to matching.

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:28 pm

I only buy local, organic, green, humanely raised kites that have not been tested on animals.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Re:

Post by le noun » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:49 pm

jwest21 wrote:I only buy local, organic, green, humanely raised kites that have not been tested on animals.
There is also a kite-tree in alameda that blossoms in the spring. It's right next to the shack.
That's when I know spring is here.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D