cool law

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Tony Soprano
Resident
Resident
Re: cool law

Post by Tony Soprano » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 pm

http://www.nps.gov/goga/naturescience/beaches.htm

The park's boundaries actually extend a quarter mile offshore to encompass the seabirds, whales, reef organisms, kelp dwellers, and sandy bottom invertebrates and fish that abound off of the Golden Gate.

http://www.nps.gov/pore/planyourvisit/beaches.htm

yojimbo
Regular
Regular

Post by yojimbo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:35 pm

There is "natural" foie gras where this sort of horrendous behavior is not required. All they do is allow the bird to eat as much as it wants during the time of year when it would normally load up on food before it migrates. Obviously this sort of approach does not lend itself to the demands of factory/industrial farming, and results in a much higher priced end product. I believe that the sale of "natural" foie gras has not been affected by the ban in California.

Not sure why chefs here have not embraced "natural" foie gras, I am thinking maybe it is very expensive?

I love the expression on the guy in the vid. I imagine this sort of expression one has when practicing the rape of children.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 pm

I think it's kind of a stretch to compare somebody force feeding a goose and a child molester. :shock:
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:34 pm

le noun wrote:I think it's kind of a stretch to compare somebody force feeding a goose and a child molester. :shock:
At least we can JAIL child molesters-
Pets and livestock are considered property, owners can do almost anything they want-

So- We, as CONSUMER'S, can make our statement with our pocketbook. I choose NOT to use-

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 am

If a kite self-launches on an empty beach with no one but the kiter in sight did it really launch?

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 am

back in the day I had kites that would fly hands-free forEVER.... =-
Now a dayz kites drop out of the sky like rain, thankfully they relaunch pretty easy- :D

I guess thats progression... *(