Ideal Crissy Conditions?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
ddubwinokur
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Ideal Crissy Conditions?

Post by ddubwinokur » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 am

After a season of 2-3 days per week at Sherman and 3rd, I'm feeling ready to hit Crissy before the season ends. I've been lurking in the forums and by the Crissy parking area recently, trying to figure out as much as I can before I go out. Could someone say what ideal conditions would be for an Intermediate kiter to experience Crissy for the first time?

So far, it's clear to me that you want to go out when it's ebbing (hopefully max ebb), between 3-6 pm, and when the iKite forecast is solid. Anything else I should know? For the record, I'm totally comfortable landing/launching, upwind, self rescue, jumping, toeside, etc (still working on the backroll though). Would be on a humungous 151 twintip, no directional yet, and yes I know I should get a radio, but I don't have one yet.

Also, would love to hook up with a Crissy regular this Thursday/Friday if anyone is down. I can provide the beer if you can make a call to the Coast Guard for me if I need it!

Dan

le noun
Old School
Old School

Re: Ideal Crissy Conditions?

Post by le noun » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:35 pm

I only go there with a buddy.
I can't thank philly-cheese enough for keeping an eye on me for my first time to crissy and for my first time under the GG bridge.
I've been there multiple times now (still not a crissy veteran though).
I live right next to crissy, so definitely getting a radio soon as it's probably going to become my favorite spot for september/october.
A directional is also on my wish list.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Re: Ideal Crissy Conditions?

Post by Aloha » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Like Italians the French get an extra kitesurfing with style gene which might explain why Vincent was so instantly comfortable in such a gnarly spot when we went out there

In my opinion the friendliest days are the ones that are super filled in inside Anita Rock - typically springtime clearish days blowing NW

We are definitely beginning to hit triathlon season at Crissy per the other thread (move the kite while you run, then go kite, then come swim)