Sherman Island, Upper Launch

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
yojimbo
Regular
Regular
Sherman Island, Upper Launch

Post by yojimbo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Had not been there in a couple of years, went the other day, and I must say i was very impressed at how much more organized the layout is. Stacking of kites, rolling up of lines when not launching or landing, and enter and exit paths that are clearly marked. Everyone there was totally on it as far as offering to launch and land your kite. This was midweek, so I don't know what goes down on weekends, but I was totally blown away, it made for a much more chilled out experience overall. Kudos to whoever is responsible for making this happen.

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Re: Sherman Island, Upper Launch

Post by sloughslut » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:07 am

I think this year has been less crowded during the week and mornings, i even get rock star parking. I was there last saturday late afternoon and it was a mess but every body looked happy except for me, I think i left my liver in the parking lot somewhere, if anyone sees it let me know i need it back for saturday night SS$$ || :drinkers: :obscene-drinkingchug: :obscene-drinkingdrunk: :vom:
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

Greg
Old School
Old School

Re: Sherman Island, Upper Launch

Post by Greg » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:32 am

you're VERY Welcome!!!
Bob and Mina (and some careless fishermen) are responsible for most of the L.Z. expansion, Yuri made the signs and I put them up..... ALL in an effort to make YOUR DAY safer and more pleasurable- =-
Enjoy- G'