Thanks for helping out yesterday on 3rd when I lost my kite

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Artem
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for helping out yesterday on 3rd when I lost my kite

Post by Artem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks everybody involved, Olivier for bringing the kite back to the shore, Rusty for the lift to the shore, and 2 other guys (sorry don't know the names) for taking care of the kite and lines on the shore.
In short, I got a death loop, had to unhook, as I found out later my safety leash carabin doesn't lock all the way, so the ring slipped from the carabin and I didn't notice it until it was too late and my kite was like 200m away :) Thanks again everybody for helping me out! (I got lucky, nothing got broken or ripped, will exchange the safety leash asap)

Attachments
IMG_20120819_201601.jpeg
IMG_20120819_201601.jpeg (1.88MiB)Viewed 707 times

marinkiter
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks for helping out yesterday on 3rd when I lost my k

Post by marinkiter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Same thing happened to me at a downwinder at Sherman with a Best leash. Kahoona Bridle wrap, relaunch impossible, was letting it drag me closer to shore before flagging it, and the carabiner in the leash gave out and I am in the middle of the river watching my kite tumble down the channel towards the launch. Donny from Kitopia took pity and saved my rig - I've had quality issues with Best bridles and best leashes and best pumps not buying their gear again.