Windsurfer revenge sticker

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Aloha
Old School
Old School
Re: Windsurfer revenge sticker

Post by Aloha » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 am

Windsurfers love blown out waves

friggin old guy
Regular
Regular

Post by friggin old guy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Personally I think it's a drag that they had to cancel windsurfing in the olympics to fit in kiting.....I mean seriously there's not another sport they could have cut into (like syncronized whatever) to make room for both?

I've got no beef with windsurfers.....most of them are resigned now to the fact that kiting is not going away. I think most of the trauma was when kiting was developing and nobody knew what was going to happen or what to expect...that's pretty much in the past.

Caberete has lots of Euros, and they tend to be a little on the "anything goes" side of things regardless of whether they're kiting or windsurfing. Maybe that's what the original poster ran into.

I windsurfed for 25 years......the day I started kiting, I hung up all my windsurfing gear and haven't touched it since. From my point of view, there just is no comparison.....kiting is so much more dynamic and versatile, especially in waves.

The windsurfers that haven't come over to the dark side just have blinders on, but that's ok.

shred_da_gorge
Regular
Regular

Post by shred_da_gorge » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Sonny wrote:I took me 5 days in kiteboarding to get to the same level which it took me 2 years in windsurfing.
Amen Bruddah! Sonny knows.

Took me 5 years windsurfing to crack my ribs and only 5 days when learning to kite... :D