SoCal Kiters...help

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
vdeub
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Re: SoCal Kiters...help

Post by vdeub » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:21 am

Btw, water quality sucks at Belmont even if you compare to the bay.
My favorite spot was HB, but restrictions apply,mspecially in summer.

behindThePeak
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by behindThePeak » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:03 am

BayAreaKite wrote:I think instead of starting an entire new mirrored site with a new database it might would better to start a sister site here that meshes with the existing site. Socalkite.com can direct straight to Socal forums.

The only funny logistic is that everything on the top of the site is specific to the Bay - logo, artwork, Schools, Sites, Classifieds and Cams, etc. That's all sitewide stuff, so I need to think about that. From that point, and for the ads too, there may be a point to mirror this site and it would be separate, but maybe use the same database, so users can interact cross-forum with logins, etc...
why not just change your header to include more geography? make the whole thing about California, or West Coast with two subforums: no-cal and so-cal. something like that...

vdeub
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by vdeub » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 am

kite.png
kite.png (222.53KiB)Viewed 1967 times
seeing this in Greece

http://kitemovement.com/kitesurf-videos ... ovement%29

i could not help to notice that the restrictions applying in SoCal sounds a little extremes.
Again, it come down to beeing cautious, but you can see windwsurfers and beach goers can live happily together ever after.

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:39 am

beachday.jpg
beachday.jpg (210.42KiB)Viewed 1964 times

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 pm

behindThePeak wrote:
BayAreaKite wrote:I think instead of starting an entire new mirrored site with a new database it might would better to start a sister site here that meshes with the existing site. Socalkite.com can direct straight to Socal forums.

The only funny logistic is that everything on the top of the site is specific to the Bay - logo, artwork, Schools, Sites, Classifieds and Cams, etc. That's all sitewide stuff, so I need to think about that. From that point, and for the ads too, there may be a point to mirror this site and it would be separate, but maybe use the same database, so users can interact cross-forum with logins, etc...
why not just change your header to include more geography? make the whole thing about California, or West Coast with two subforums: no-cal and so-cal. something like that...
That's a good idea, would be easier... Which do you guys like better - westcoastkitesurfing.com or wc-kb.com (west coast kiteboarding)?

The Sites, Cams and Schools links on top can also be subdivided into N.Cal/S.Cal/Central also...

behindThePeak
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by behindThePeak » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:47 pm

i like them both but i'm partial to westcoastkiteboarding as that term is more generic than kitesurfing and encompass both disciplines IMO

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:05 pm

I have wc-kb.com but only problem is that the full name West Coast Kiteboarding is a kite school in San Diego and also has the domain westcoastkiteboarding.com

SFPete
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by SFPete » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:06 pm

The NWkite forum is pretty active, so I doubt this expands past california. I would limit it to california.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Ollie, what happened? A week ago you were talking about giving the site away and now expending it? :mrgreen:
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:23 pm

It will be called oregonkiteboardingandfixiebikes.com...