Nukage on Monday?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Pablito(guest)
Nukage on Monday?

Post by Pablito(guest) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:39 pm

Looks like there was some big wind in the Delta today (Monday). Anybody catch some of the action? Was it good, or gusty?

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:09 pm

Don't know but I'll try tomorrow. Looks crazy. Colors on the chart that I've never seen before.
Dewey

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:42 pm

I was hoping for tomorrow, but it looks like Weds. at the earliest for me. They're talking about the high pressure breaking down on Weds,. and I don't know if that means more wind or less wind.

Give us the lowdown tomorrow night, Dewey.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:06 am

i was riding on a 6 in the morn until about 1 and it never backed off at all. Most wind I have seen there in a long time.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:11 am

On a 6m?? How big are you??
Dewey

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:23 am

13 this morning for fat guys.

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:00 pm

It looks like it backed off this morning, though still strong. I had a feeling on Monday...

I've never used my 6M kite. My girlfriend uses it.

Monday Mahem

Post by Monday Mahem » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:53 pm

Was it nukin? No, but it was very windy. Lots of small kites out. Guys sending it to the moon! I rode my 9 and made a liar out of myself when I said that kite couldn't jump. Anything can jump when it's windy enough.

And for once, as a windsurfer too, I didn't feel like good wind was wasted on the flood.

Lots of fun carving the rollers going toeside port. Hate to rub it in Dewey and Paul...

:finga: muhahaha

-Eric

p.s. it did suck when the tule monster ate my board and I had to Ho chi mihn it and swim/tule hack to get it back! Pretty exhausting, after a double sesh. Thanks Sandy for picking me up again!

:?

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:07 pm

So is Ho Chi Minh the trail with all the boards and tires and stuff??

Trail Blazer

Checkin for leeches on the Ho Chi Mihn

Post by Trail Blazer » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:01 pm

Yeah, and it's longer than I remembered.

At the rising tides, it was dancing on floating boards and tires as well as black oozing mud. It's overgrown with blackberry thorns trying to snag you. Guess no one has been back there in a while.

Yuk

Oh, by the way, if anyone thinks swimming around the tules to the boat launch (the clean way around) is faster than going back towards Ho Chi Mihn, think again. It felt like a quarter mile. Never do that again!
:shock: