windwing advertisements

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
feixaq
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by feixaq » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:59 pm

FYI, Will is no longer in the office.
Will Harper is no longer at Windwing? Wow, that's a huge bummer if you ask me. Will did a great job working with customers to keep us happy, in my opinion. He helped me and my friends out on several occasions when we had equipment malfunctions on recently-purchased gear, and we were back on the water in no time. Really sorry to see him go...

I hope that this doesn't adversely affect customer service levels going forward, as my primary reasons for being a WW customer (as well as recommending WW to my kiting friends) are (1) progressive kite technology and great safety features at a reasonable price, and (2) awesome customer service and after-sales support. Hopefully this will continue to be the case as the company grows...

(Jury's still out on the recent kiteforum ads though :roll:)

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:05 pm

David (guest) wrote:
1) We are a rebel against established brands and ideaology.
2) We are inovators and universal thinkers.
3) We are a family of fun loving recreationalist. A global family.
4) We desperately need a spell checker.

:twisted: :) :)
It's going to take more than a spell checker. "We are a rebel?" "We are a... recreationalist?" I don't think Word will catch mixing a singular noun with a plural pronoun, but it could be possible. If you want a real laugh, check out the new home page: www.windwing.com/home. I thought Windwing was an American based company.

feixaq
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by feixaq » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:55 pm

Holy crap, I just checked www.windwing.com ... the text on the revamped website is hideous :( It's rife with grammatical and spelling errors, and the copy sounds like it's conceived by a non-native English speaker.

I ride WW gear and I like their kites, but it's hard for a casual visitor (or kiteforum reader in the market for new kites) to take the company seriously if the website is so shabby. Can you say... ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US?

[flash width=640 height=480]http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com ... urbase.swf[/flash]

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:01 am

feixaq wrote:Holy crap, I just checked www.windwing.com ... the text on the revamped website is hideous :( It's rife with grammatical and spelling errors, and the copy sounds like it's conceived by a non-native English speaker.

I ride WW gear and I like their kites, but it's hard for a casual visitor (or kiteforum reader in the market for new kites) to take the company seriously if the website is so shabby. Can you say... ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US?
Yikes, this is their answer to getting "caught with our pants down" on the website? What is going on up there? First Che, then Hawkings, then that creepy Godfather thing, now this. They have cleary taken a new direction in marketing, but I'm not sure anyone will follow this time.
What's next, Ozzie Osbourne? "Join the (dysfunctional) family?"

What you have to wonder is whether they've taken a major turn in kite development as well. You can bet sure as hell Bill Hansen is not running this ship anymore. Which is cause for great concern, I would suggest. Anybody know what is up?

Here it is, so you know what is being talked about:

Mission Statement:

Windwing has, for nearly a quarter of a century, enjoyed tenure as a leading pioneer of innovative wind-driven technology.

Located in Hood River, Oregon - Mecca for wind connoisseurs and recreationalists alike, we are committed to advancing the principals and ideology of merging the organic with the technologic. In the process, we have established the highest performing and most progressive traction foil and inflatable kites in the world. In addition, we have pioneered the most important improvement in kite safety: the Windwing S.A.F.E. system allowing our customers the thrill of a surreal experience atop the water with a safety factor unsurpassed.

Our R/D staff is in an ongoing exchange between the established and the experimental. This concept has propelled us to the forefront of the windsurfing and kiting industry and manifests itself in our consistent performances in elite competition on a worldwide scale.

Our recent triumphs at the 2005 US Nationals, North Americans and The US Open, respectively, are the tangible results of our perpetual quest, in dialogue with the wind.

Windwing: We have bridled the wind.

Thelma

rude,lewd and crude...dude.

Post by Thelma » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:11 am

Anonymous wrote:They have cleary ...
Actually Anonymous, I just did a grammatical and spell check and the only mistake is yours! As for "recreationalist " it is a common term...but perhaps you would be more familiar with Wreckreationalist...as I would guess you do alot of it....

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:11 am

I think that's great, and people are talking. It's not like their talking about silver kites that go BOOM. It's making a buzz. Now where are the WW girls. Nothing like a girl from Oregon with pit hair and furry legs.
Dewey

Re: rude,lewd and crude...dude.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:59 am

Thelma wrote:
Anonymous wrote:They have cleary ...
Actually Anonymous, I just did a grammatical and spell check and the only mistake is yours! As for "recreationalist " it is a common term...but perhaps you would be more familiar with Wreckreationalist...as I would guess you do alot of it....
Thelma -- "We" is a plural pronoun. "Recreationalist" is a singular noun. You cannot use one to describe the other, unless you failed 3rd grade. CLEARLY you can see the difference between a typo and someone who just doesn't get it -- or can you?

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:20 pm

much better now...

Thank you so much. Bringing things on the table obviousely helps, ;-)

K

Louise

Post by Louise » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:59 pm

knyfe wrote:much better now...

Thank you so much. Bringing things on the table obviousely helps, ;-)

K
Got to admit, I DO like this one.

Now where's the '06 Rapture, dammit! Got money burnin' holes in me pocket.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:02 pm

Just when you thought they were getting it together:

http://www.windwing.com/KiteBoarding