Windwing Riders

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Windwing Riders

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:26 pm

I have the outrages and use the SAFE system on them and it works great but the relaunch is not very good. I want to try the jumpstart but curious if anyone else is using it and how it works.

Thanks

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:41 pm

I heard it works great. Never dropped the kite while I had it on. Let me know how it works.l

Dewey
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:15 pm

The Outrages, being such a high-aspect kite are tricky to relaunch sometimes, but I found they relaunch better using the SAFE bridles than when riding them in hard-line mode without any bridles. I have not tried flying any of the kites with the Jumpstart bridles.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:11 am

The Jumpstart has always worked fine for me. Give it a go!

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:14 pm

I just got an '04 OR 17 that doesn't have any SAFE bridles. I had heard that SAFE doesn't really work with the OR, I think from Dewey. With my Rage, I definitely find that SAFE helps me relaunch the kite -- actually, the kite has only stayed on the water once for more than 10 seconds.

So you guys think that it would be worth retrofitting this kite with the SAFE, or are the '04 and '05 kites so different that I should't bother? I was just going to set it up with the JS, but I like the SAFE better.

Paul

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:07 pm

Paul the 17 is a big kite, and that means light wind. I would think the jumpstart would be the best option. In light winds it's hard to get most kites on their backs. Best if it could lift off the water backwards.
Dewey

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:53 am

Thanks for the tip, Dewey.