Lake Tahoe?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Anthony Conti
Joey
Joey
Lake Tahoe?

Post by Anthony Conti » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:23 am

Anyone try kiting up there yet? Is it possible?

-A

local

Post by local » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:38 pm

i saw someone kiting up there on 4th of july. he was using a huge board and like a 20 meter kite goin nowhere fast

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:11 pm

Gabe Brown at KillaHz Productions would be the one to know on that front, he lives there. You can visit his site at www.1cps.net and try and email him, or he might reply here.

killahz

Post by killahz » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:39 am

Ollie wrote:Gabe Brown at KillaHz Productions would be the one to know on that front, he lives there. You can visit his site at www.1cps.net and try and email him, or he might reply here.
Tahoe is cool for riding in the summer if you are here for another reason. The light wind days are actually the fun ones. 16m or bigger makes for steady wind with flat water.

Anytime we use 12m or smaller the wind is gusty (10 -35mph). This can be exciting but I live in Tahoe to have a relaxing place to work and not have to deal with traffic. I would rather just get my work done during the gusty days and save the effort for Sherman Is. or coastal trips.

Come Winter time, the snowkiting goes off. I can take an hour and a half for lunch and go get some riding at multiple spots within 15 - 30 minutes from my house.

Doubledogdare

lake tahoe

Post by Doubledogdare » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 pm

What locations do you kite at?? (Winter and Summer) I've kited on the North shore from the Coast Guard station to Dollar Point on a little down winder. I started too late and the wind died on me after a few nicely powered reaches near the station.

Ddd

Re: lake tahoe

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:37 pm

Doubledogdare wrote:What locations do you kite at?? (Winter and Summer) I've kited on the North shore from the Coast Guard station to Dollar Point on a little down winder. I started too late and the wind died on me after a few nicely powered reaches near the station.

Ddd
I live in south shore so I kite in the summer at Reagan Beach or Nevada Beach. Today we did about an 6 mile downwinder from Reagan to Nevada. Reagans good on SW or W or anything N. Nevada is good on anything except E.

It's typically 10 - 20 with gusts up to 35.

WInter there are a lot fo options. Reagan beach again for snow in the meddow. Caples Lake, Grass lake, Hope Valley, Blie lakes, Red lakes ridge, Monitor Pass...snowkiting possibilities are endless.

Gabe