Any info on Indonesia early april ??

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
craickite
Contributor
Contributor
Any info on Indonesia early april ??

Post by craickite » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:09 pm

looking to possibly kite in Indonesia last week of late march for 3 weeks..any first hand information would be much appricated..
other option is fly to the Philippians??
thanks for any info in advance..

baypirate
Regular
Regular

Re: Any info on Indonesia early april ??

Post by baypirate » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 am

mid-May got lucky in Bali (which I understand is not entirely typical of Indonesia).

that said, 12m was there smallest kite there...

this place usually has some season information

http://locations.splocs.com/kitesurf/frontpage.html

craickite
Contributor
Contributor

Post by craickite » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:53 pm

thanks bay pirate..ya i think i will leave the small kites at home ..might bring a 14m ..just have to source one ..i hate to have o buy one for one trip ..but what are you going to do..bring a surf board !!
thanks for the info ..

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm

craickite wrote:thanks bay pirate..ya i think i will leave the small kites at home ..might bring a 14m ..just have to source one ..i hate to have o buy one for one trip ..but what are you going to do..bring a surf board !!
thanks for the info ..
ANSURE: Yes! If you need a board bag, golf bag, etc.. Pm me

craickite
Contributor
Contributor

Post by craickite » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 pm

i have a mystic one but it kinda on the big side..might be in the market for a smaller one like the crazy fly travel compression golf bag with no wheels..pm me with what you got..could also swap if someone is looking for a bigger one ..

i might even see if i can rent out there .something im not keen on or have ever done before....wind just doesnt seem to be consistent out there when im going and if i get skunked i really dont want to have to lug gear around..its a catch 22..

Crazy fly bag :
http://kiteforceacademy.com/kiteboardin ... ession-bag

windrider99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by windrider99 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 am

In general, southeast asia has 2 windy seasons. Northeast monsoon (november-february) and southwest monsoon june-august) and in good years add a month to either side of those periods. So May is inter-monsoon period, I wouldn't expect too much. I was at Trikora Beach on Bintan island near Singapore in mid-March and caught some good days, but the locals were saying it was probably the end of the season. I was in Hua Hin Thailand at end of March, light wind, and I'm in Boracay. Philippines now (early May, no wind).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2