Best Customer Service

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Best Customer Service

Post by OliverG » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:20 am

Best Buy 2 Get One Free - http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/trackin ... Task=Click

Again I am impressed by Best Customer Service. I recently added a 16.5 Yarga to my quiver and after flying it three times with different boards and bar/line configuration, I found that due to it's size, it flew a little different from what I was accustomed to with my 9, 11, and 13.5 Yarga's.

The big Yarga has a very strong, steady pull, and sheeting in and out resulted in a bit more of a delay in power/depower. The turning was, naturally a bit slower than the smaller kites, requiring me to muscle up on it quite a bit more. Given that I like to fling the kites around as much as possible, I felt a bit clumsy and like my timing was off. It's a good kite, but I was starting to feel like I might have been better off with my biggest kite being the Nemesis 16. I don't want to adjust my riding too much, I just need a faster big kite.

All it took was a quick online chat with Leah, one of the Best customer service reps and no problem, presto chango, my Nemesis 16 is on the way. I pay for shipping and the $50 difference in cost between the two kites and that's it, I send in the Yarga and I'm good to go.

Not bad!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:52 pm

Looking forward to your thoughts of the 16 nemis. I have the 10, 12, & 16. Have only flown the 16 three times. It's ok, but I like the 10, and 12 a lot more. Maybe I just don't like big kites.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:Looking forward to your thoughts of the 16 nemis. I have the 10, 12, & 16. Have only flown the 16 three times. It's ok, but I like the 10, and 12 a lot more. Maybe I just don't like big kites.
I should get the 16m Nemesis tomorrow. I think, in general, larger kites tend to be a bit more agile in high-aspect configurations. My feeling is that the chances are good that the 16m Nemesis will be a bit more agile than the 16.5m Yarga. I'll let you know after I get a ride on it.

Ollie