GANG VIOLENCE AT SHERMAN ?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Greg
Old School
Old School
Re: GANG VIOLENCE AT SHERMAN ?

Post by Greg » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 pm

sloughslut wrote:I dont know if showing colors is a good idea :-k
Showing colors is GREAT =D> :dance: :clap: (as long as your wearing the right colors) :-k

Ragman
Joey
Joey

Post by Ragman » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 am

I realize that some of you are having fun with this, however the post is true. There was no wind on Tuesday, so I took my boat out for a ride up to the second island. A lot of people were swimming that afternoon, most looked like local families escaping the heat. At around 5PM I heard about six gunshots that sounded like they came from the area of the playpen. I didn't get too alarmed, figuring that they must have been firecrackers. When I returned to the access around 6PM there were cops EVERYWHERE. Minah told me that parents were hustling their children away from the beach and that a bunch of cars got their windows shot out. The word was that it was a rival gang. Word also has it that a kiter did get chased and into a fight in the parking area on Thursday.
We need to keep our eyes open and stand united against this element that is creeping into our area. For now, we should all watch each others backs, and dont piss the wrong people off. Hopefully this thing will just go away soon.

Ragman, Out.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 am

And now the delta is no longer a place to get away from all this same shit in Oakland. I am so tired of being around stupid people. Why do the thugs get the bay side areas?

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Post by sloughslut » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:37 am

I think the guy got jumped on wednsday. :(
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

kitecrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by kitecrazy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:14 am

I guess it's time to put a holster on my harness. :evil:

Ragman
Joey
Joey

Post by Ragman » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:17 am

Your right Sloughslut, the kiter was jumped on Wed., not Th. Several versions of the story have been circulating. Does anyone have a firsthand account of what went down?

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:54 am

Maybe- Windsurfers hired gunslingers to take back The Access...
Or some rouge Kiters want to take the Play Pen.....

I think we need to install metal detectors at the gate, only water weenies past that point. :D :D :D :D :D

Serious:
This is a sad developement, the hoods must be kept out of OUR CRIB!!!

Contact athorities ASAP if you see loads of gangsters hanging out with their pants around their anckles flying anything other then trainer kites-
These guys have NOTHING GOING ON and will STEAL in BROAD DAYLIGHT, WATCH YOUR GEAR!
If they walk away from their car(s)Take PHOTOS of LIC.PLATES, look INSIDE to see if they are packing stolen goods, if SUSPECTED- CALL THE POLICE IMEADITELY!! Perhaps getting rousted by cops for next to nothing will convince them them that they should cruz somewhere else....

Be good!
Greg

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:04 am

Lets also see what the county can do with some more sheriff / ranger visits on a regular basis.

Perhaps Mynah and Bob can help here.
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 am

This is some beyond F'ed up shiz

Gotta wait till we get deeper in the summer when the wind blows all day so the trailer parks all over 'dem parts will start migrating away to calmer climates

cliftoncutshall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by cliftoncutshall » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:00 am

Share the park. Park closures will mean more non-wind sports people of all types @ Sherman this season. I was there for both incidents so I speak first hand. The first incident was between non-wind sports people and the best thing anyone could have done was to stay clear and not get involved in any way. The second incident was a kiter being attacked by three women after some provocative comments were made which escalated to a physical attack. Almost any potentially violent situation can be either diffused or steered toward escalation with words and attitude. I am not passing judgement on the situation or implying fault but simply stating that humility, a love of peace, calmness, and carefully chosen words are our best weapons if safety and non-violence is our goal. It concerns me that we would lower ourselves to adopting the same gang / territorial disposition as those we would be critical of. I agree with Chris that we do need to look out for one another but perhaps we need to be careful about how we approach and interact with other Sherman visitors regardless of how badly they may behave. I would hate to incite retribution. We have so much more to lose both in terms of property, safety, and reputation.

K off my soap box :ugeek: