HellFish

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
loserdavies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
HellFish

Post by loserdavies » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:16 pm

Sorry for the late informaton. Xtremebigair will have a Hellfish Demo at 3rd Ave at the upper Launch Friday 7/1 and Sherman Island 7/2 and 7/3. We will have 13M revision 3 kites (2of) for everyone to tryout. Come on out and see Kinsley Wong or Steve Davies

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:04 pm

cool, ill be at 3rd tomorrow ...

CU, K

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:36 am

Steve,

when will you be at 3rd today?

loserdavies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hellfish Time

Post by loserdavies » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:24 am

We will be setting the kites up around 2pm at the upper launch. Maybe earlier if the wind comes sooner

feixaq
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by feixaq » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:36 pm

I was planning to head over to 3rd Ave today, but ended up going to Crissy instead (and got skunked in the process, bleh). What did you guys think about the HF?

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:22 pm

I went out in really light wind with the H13 and was not impressed at all on the light wind ability. Its not that light wind machine they advertise. It turns really quick, so good for newschoolers but not for me. After I used the HF13 for 20 minutes where I could hardly stay upwind I went out with my Yarga 13 and had no problems at all to go upwind and do some jumps.

I have to admit that my Yarga and I are a well trained low wind team. probably the H13 was not set correctly. But under this settings not a burner at all. The case is probably different in good winds.

At least now I feel confident not to buy a HF13 and to laugh even louder about their marketing strategy, but worth to try, K

probably we have to wait for the Nova or the Oxbow ...

loserdavies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by loserdavies » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:14 am

I rode the hellfish for the first time on 7/1/05. I too was not overly impressed with the low end power but the turning ability and feel was amazing. It was a little light for me to do jumps. I did do a few unhooked jumps and I really liked the feel. I was riding a 132 FLX, I weigh 180 Lbs and I was able to go up wind in 15 MPH on the 13. Not that impressive I know but the feel of the kite as it moved through the zone was so smooth.

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:37 pm

I want to see the head to head test of flysurfer speed v hellfish. I think the results are not hard to guess, but I still want to see something before I dump the grand (well, I wish it was a grand). The speed got 5 out of 5 in all categories but one in an uber kite test in a German magazine, including turning speed, bar forces and everything else. Basically got the highest score from all the kites in the test, which included most major brands (Cabrinha, North, SS, F-One...).

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:32 pm

Elli,

just forget about the head to head test. it will never happen as Best knows why. Just no chance at all. I was really disappointed on friday from this "wonder thing" HF13. But I have to admit that I still dont like my Flysurfer PS2 17...

Anyone looking for one ... ?!?!,

Also the "new" Crossbow is nothing else than an upgraded C-quad from the old days. I just dont see the "revolution" . K

dt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dt » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:46 pm

I also tried the HF 13m at 3rd on July 1. The wind was blowing about 15mph but it was max flood at 3rd ave when I was out. The kite turned and flew nice and fast and had real light bar feel but it was not very powderful. The light bar feel made it too easy to oversheet the kite which slowed things a lot since it is a fast flyer. The jumps were nice and it seemed to have a little more hang time but you had to dive the kite back forward hard for a soft landing. It was not a good day for testing because the wind was light for a 13 and the water was choppy and flooding but it certainly wasn't a magic kite. One more excuse for it though is it is supposedly a rev 3 proto and not the final version. It felt to me like it might have more high end than my Yarga 13.5 but there wasn't enough wind to test that.

I weigh 170lbs and was on a 13.5 Yarga before and after the demo.

dt