Wind this weekend

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Roockie Weather Man
Wind this weekend

Post by Roockie Weather Man » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:26 pm

The dudes on ikitesurf sure see the world as half empty....the forecast for the delta this weekend sounds like crap on the web page....I think they are right for Thurs/Fri: it will be light wind kiting.....by saturday, I'm going to go out on the limb and say they are off mark....I saw this weather discussion this evening on NWS, and it sounds like the delta will be sweet kiting on Sat/Sun/Mon.....

"EXPECT THE VERY WARM SUMMERTIME PATTERN TO CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF THE FORECAST PERIOD :evil: EXCEPT FOR SLIGHT COOLING INLAND OVER THE WEEKEND :finga: AS LOW PRESSURE MOVES INTO BRITISH COLUMBIA. THIS LOW WILL SERVE TO
SLIDE THE RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN PACIFIC WESTWARD RAISING HEIGHTS SOMEWHAT...DEEPENING THE MARINE LAYER...AND INCREASING THE ONSHORE FLOW :P

We will see who is right.

Good winds + waves, Z.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:21 am

three days of heat =
FOG.
FoG= wind in the slot and out to the delta.
today should be day 2 of the heat wave
i hope it pops for mr zeev
as long as we are going out on the limb,iam with mr zeev

mr zeev are we jumping over the limb?(like out in your tules?)
just kidding
charlie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:31 am

Then I'm clearing my schedule after working on Saturday. See You guys out there!!!
Dewey

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:53 pm

No advanced call just yet from me. Just be sure to be on the river for the first evening/morning of the cool down. Simple really. You'd think iwindsurf would know that, but...
Go bigga'

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:05 pm

like i said two days of heat and the fog comes in.
charlie

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:52 pm

They just boosted the temp forecast for Friday to 103 :evil:

Cooldown "sometime on Saturday", but I wouldn't be surprised if the real cooldown doesn't come until Sunday now. Believe me, I'm not wishing it to happen, just sayin'

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:57 am

Delta wind readings right now are nuking. Is this going to hold through the day? Should I go kiting this pm? It's day 3, just like Charlie said...

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:54 am

Paul the delta was awsome last night. I went out on my 12. The wind didn't seem very strong, but I was able to get very powered up to boost. Maybe the heated wind provided loft. It was after 5:30. The river almost to myself. That's what it's about!!!
Dewey

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:58 am

Thanks for the tip, Dewey. The NWS guy out of Sac called that "A Delta Trickle" that's supposed to come up again this afternoon, followed by what they call "The Big Woosh" sometime tomorrow...

I was out working at 5:30 and I felt the breeze come up, although by the time it got up here it was barely cool anymore. I wondered if someone down there was getting some... =D>

Paul