Slingshot - 17M Turbine

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
shymac
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Slingshot - 17M Turbine

Post by shymac » Wed May 11, 2011 4:04 pm

http://vimeo.com/23288156[/video]

Everything about the 2011 Slingshot Turbine light wind kite has been optimized to perform on days when wind ranges are in there low end.

The number one way to increase your time on the water is by extending what conditions make kiteboarding fun. The Turbine can be combined with a Competition Race board, surf boards or a Glide for mind blowing speed, power, upwind and downwind performance. Bottom line is this kite increases the fun factor and time on the low end of the wind range. The Turbine is the perfect example of the way we build, the way we ride and the way we live. Its our commitment to the core!

Size: 17M Bar: 23" Lines: 27m

For further information please go to slingshotsports.com :occasion-gift:

Greg
Old School
Old School

Re: Slingshot - 17M Turbine

Post by Greg » Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Perfect ALAMEDA POWERSTATION!
I used to love riding BIG KITES... SMOOTH and STEADY and your always READY TO RIDE!
Screw WAITING, just GO!!
Big guys need'em Fo'SUR, but medium riders will find them VERY USEFUL for those 8-12 kt summer day after work sessions-

Power on DEMAND-

Enjoy- G'

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu May 12, 2011 12:39 am

I always thought slingshot went with automotive references for their kite names but I like the middle eastern apparel concept as well.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu May 12, 2011 4:48 am

windhorny wrote:I always thought slingshot went with automotive references for their kite names but I like the middle eastern apparel concept as well.
Funny Spin on Words/ Thoughts/ Concepts Yuri. =D>

It makes sense in the media driven world of today that a connection like that would pop into mind-
But I think of it more as ADDING POWER like a "COMPRESSOR" or Turbo-Charger. Also I like to think of it as CLEAN or GREEN POWER PLANT, like a WIND MILL, besides SlingY has already done the Turbo's and T-2's and 3's... Time for a LITTLE CHANGE dont you think- :D

G-3

MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Fri May 13, 2011 4:41 pm

windhorny wrote:...but I like the middle eastern apparel concept as well.
I thought it referred to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarpon.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Fri May 13, 2011 5:57 pm

tarpon? you mean RUBEN Tarpon? Megaloop or megalop? :)

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat May 14, 2011 9:09 am

I tried this kite while in Ventana this winter and one of the first things I thought of was my time at Alameda. I used to ride the 16m Turbo 1 and my Glide extensively there from my apartment. Funny, some of the light wind sessions there were the most memorable. Just calm, cruising, and sightseeing.

Anyhow, I got a chance to try this kite in Ventana. I am not the biggest fan of the Rally (prefer the RPMs), but I'd consider the Tubine as a lightwind kite.

The wind was light, but other people were out making 14m's work. I had come in underpowered on a 14m RPM not able to stay upwind on a directional, and went out on the Turbine.

I weigh 215lbs, so I grabbed the Turbine, launched it and what I thought was a Glide from the beach. I went out and was going upwind well, and having a good time again. Small jumps, and just cruising. Wanted to see how the new Glide popped off the water unhooked, and was surprised at how much pop there was. Upon closer inspection I realized I wasn't on the Glide but a Misfit 137, which had the same paint job as the Glide had. I had been so focused on checking the kite out, I didn't realize I was on a normal board... not a lightwind board.

Anyhow, point of the story is that I was able to ride in lightwind, on a normal board when I had just come in on a 14m and directional. For some people that can make the difference between riding every day after work vs a couple times a month at their local beach.

Andy

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Sat May 14, 2011 11:39 am

I do mis riding with you out here. And agreed, some of the light wind low tide warm days here are like no other. Hope all is well.

cheers