Lost at 3rd: Kiteboard Cabrinha Vari 148

Reunite gear with owners here.
Lucy
Joey
Joey
Lost at 3rd: Kiteboard Cabrinha Vari 148

Post by Lucy » Sat May 07, 2011 2:02 am

Hi,

I (or rather my husband) lost my board today at 3rd.
It’s a red,blue and white Cabrinha Marti Vari 148 board.

It drifted out to the channel from the lower launch when we last saw it. No idea where it might have ended up. I checked the places along the water downwind later but to no avail.

My name and phone number should be on the board, but in case it washed away: (650)-2356635. I’d appreciate it if you find it and give me a call. It’s the board I learned kiteboarding on and there a so many wonderful memories of how we swam along in the water dragged by a kite. It also occasionally hit me on the helmet, but anyhow – I really want it back.

Cheers, Lucy

The111
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost at 3rd: Kiteboard Cabrinha Vari 148

Post by The111 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Around 6:30pm when I was launching from upper launch, somebody brought a red/blue board in, handed it to me, and went back out. I carried it up to the beach, held it over my head, none of the 20 people at the launch said anything, so I set it down further up from the others and went out since I already had my kite in the air. When I came in at 7:15pm I don't remember seeing it but I didn't look for it either. That probably doesn't help much, but maybe it's related? Good luck!

EDIT: I know tide was going out, so if you dropped it at lower launch before 6:30 that could have been it? Maybe it's still sitting there or someone else picked it up?

Lucy
Joey
Joey

Re: Lost at 3rd: Kiteboard Cabrinha Vari 148

Post by Lucy » Sat May 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Hooray, my board has been found! It traveled quite a bit in two weeks: Somebody discovered it at the east side of Dumbarton bridge on Thursday. The phone number on it was still readable and the finder gave me a call today. It payed out to have the phone number on the board!

Cheers, Lucy