One kite quiver?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
FS Pimp
One kite quiver?

Post by FS Pimp » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:29 pm

Is the new FS Speed the one kite quiver?
From the early reports the term "one kite quiver" starts appearing.
http://www.flysurfer.de/Content/177/?mnid=432

Huge depower range of 1:4, meaning that when pulling the bar the kite generates four times more power under controllable flight (not just hovering on top and doing nothing, really flying)
Insane high aspect ratio puts the kite as far as possible on the edge
Variable camber and wind tunnel tests
Already has one world record
The standard Flysurfer safety (read amazing) and traditional immediate water relaunch and wet start like nothing else
Traditional Flysurfer insane high jumps and from the reports good kite loops (none relevant for me, 10 feet and I am scared, but always good to know its there)

Man, another 05 kite, my bank account really does not need that

Not buying it

Post by Not buying it » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:18 am

C'mon, we all know better........1 kite quiver, you make me laugh...what kite company would want that???????? :P

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:32 pm

I could probabaly get away using my Raven 12 as a 10 12 and 14 but you still need a 16 or 18 for those lighter days.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:36 pm

i started that on my 12m rapture!
charlie

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:17 pm

No such thing as a one kite quiver! Impossible! Nonsense! Gibberish!

You go buy the kite, and go to Maui in December (could be anywhere between 7-37) , Costa Rica, San Diego and then back here to the Bay and report back to us on how it worked out.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:43 pm

oh.
charlie

Love to kite

one kite dream

Post by Love to kite » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:03 pm

I guess you could, but you would miss a lot of days....it's nice to be on the right kite for the conditions. Having 1 kite means kiting "super powered" in some days, and underpowered in others. You could do it, but the fun factor would drop..

Good winds + waves, Z.

rk

Post by rk » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:34 pm

pipedragon
change your handle to Pipedream.

I owned Naish kites for years. no range at all.
you needed every size you could afford, i furnished robbie's den...depower? yeah right!

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:48 pm

The XTC that I have was supposed to be a 2 kite quiver, as it covers range of two infletables. I got the 10 which is the mid range, basically screwing myself to get a higher and lower wind kite. Should have been smarter and got the 7 instead.

The Speed is supposedly covering 3 inflateables, which is probably not enough if you want the real 7 to 37 MPH. Realistically, how many of you kite in 7 and 37 and how many days of the year? I see in alameda that at 10 everyone are on the beach. Can you have true fun in those winds anyway (fighting to keep the kite in the air or fighting for your life)?

The idea is not that you can fly in the range, the idea is that these kites fly and have FUN in this range. Wider wind range also means wider fun range per kite

Maybe not a true one kite quiver, but significantly less kites, and less need to change kites in a session.

These kites jump a step every year, the changes from year model to the next are not so incremental, they are sometimes very radical. If they keep doing things this way god knows what they will have a couple of years from now.

I guess those wind tunnel tests work.