Black Sheep fly over the World....

All Off-Topic items not related to kiting can be posted here. Please post all For Sale items in the Classifieds Ads section.
Forum rules
Please post all For Sale items in the Classified Ads section. Thank you.
mbzporvida
Regular
Regular
Re: Black Sheep fly over the World....

Post by mbzporvida » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Another trip around the sun ?

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:33 am

the offspring of Sioux...
Pappy was a truly American Warrior-

rambo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rambo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Dam those were the good days. When I was flying in the first Iraq war as soon their planes picked us up on radar they would scram back home. Never a chance for and air to air kill but I did get to the bomb crap out of those poor guys on the ground who never knew what hit-em.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:57 pm

rambo wrote:Dam those were the good days. When I was flying in the first Iraq war as soon their planes picked us up on radar they would scram back home. Never a chance for and air to air kill but I did get to the bomb crap out of those poor guys on the ground who never knew what hit-em.

My Dad tells about dropping Nap down at the tree level to burn enemy villages...
He flew the F4 Phantom and said there were very few targets in the sky, only a few guys working up North got any arial kills.. He did mostly bombing and only recalls seeing one man die with his guns...
Thats the beauty and grace of being a pilot, you fly out and do your job at some distance- instead of living, eating, sleeping WAR!
I think thats why pilots have fewer problems returning to civilian life, most of their destruction happens right behind them as opposed to right in front of there face.

God,
Bless our service men- (women and children)
Make them swift and their purpose true-

funmilton
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by funmilton » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Good stuff here. Really cool to learn about all of this. My Grandpa was on a Liberty ship, much like S.S. Jeremiah O'brein, the one we have here on the Bay. But nothing as exciting as what Pappy did.
funmilton

rambo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rambo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Your right on. Everyone who asks thinks it must be so exciting and just like the video games you play today which couldn't be any further from reality. You never see a person or rarely your bomb exploding you just get to read about it in intelligence and briefing reports.

Kiting is more exciting!!

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 am

Milton-
I bet your GrandPa had LOTS of exciting times... Think about German Subs, Jap torpido bombers, etc... Just look at the stats for ton-age of shipping sank during WW2!!! I bet your GrandPa HAD REAL GUTS!! =D> =D> =D>
G'

Rambo-
After my Dad finished his tours in Nam, he flew for S.A.C., endlessly flying the Poler circle.. What a shitty job- Flying Nukes 24 hours a day, waiting to get the call to start or finish "the end of the world"..

Perhaps- someday, there will be no more war- :pray:
Thank you for PROTECTING FREEDOM!
NOW- Enjoy Kiting!!
G'3