Tahoe this season?

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
tgautier
Regular
Regular
Tahoe this season?

Post by tgautier » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Anyone know the spots at Tahoe / planning to snow kite there this season?

I'm at least an intermediate kiter looking to get into snowkiting for the first time this year.

I don't have a snowboard just skis but plan to pick one up used on CL.

Any suggestions for gear/spots for a 'beginner'? I'm sure I'll be blasting it in no time but would like to make the transition as easy as possible.

Thanks!

rvv
Regular
Regular

Re: Tahoe this season?

Post by rvv » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 am

Yes, I do snowkite Tahoe.
I regularly conduct snowkite lessons in the Tahoe area and will resume the practice this season. I am IKO level 1 snowkite (level 2 water) instructor and am familiar with most of the spots. If you ski it will be easier than on a snowboard. call me and we can talk gear and the best times to go, basically your sle will work, but the conditions for riding often require local knowledge as there are many microclimes. 888-411-0732
Royce V
KGBswag

MadHatter
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MadHatter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:48 pm

i'm interested to know the tahoe spots too. i went snowkiting once last winter on the east coast and it was a blast!! are there any resources available?

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:19 am

Guys give me a call or send a pm. We are in the process of setting up a fulltime snowkite venture in tahoe for this season (Last season we did it partime).
Kitegearboxx / KGBswag will be offering beginner though advanced lessons, as well as Guide services for individuals and groups. Look for the update Ver. 2.0 website coming mid DEC '10 info will be available there then. :wink: :wink: :banana-skier: :banana-skier:
Last edited by rvv on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Royce V
KGBswag

tgautier
Regular
Regular

Post by tgautier » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:59 pm

what's up royce - any new info?

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:27 am

tgautier wrote:Anyone know the spots at Tahoe / planning to snow kite there this season?

I'm at least an intermediate kiter looking to get into snowkiting for the first time this year.

I don't have a snowboard just skis but plan to pick one up used on CL.

Any suggestions for gear/spots for a 'beginner'? I'm sure I'll be blasting it in no time but would like to make the transition as easy as possible.

Thanks!
Skies work great for snowkiting. If you are already a skier then you will get up and riding in 5 minutes. Just use the skis that you have and see if they work. It depends what you want to do, if you want to break speed records, then long and straight, if you want more fun, short fat and curvy, and so on. The few times I was in Tahoe the snow on the flat areas was pretty lame, so the skis sank more than snow boards. In other words, I would go for bigger surface/powder skis for Tahoe.

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:37 am

tgautier wrote:what's up royce - any new info?
We are setting the school up over the next 3 weeks please stay tuned and look for the announcement of the launch on this site. Thanks
Royce V
KGBswag

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:54 pm

KGB Kiteboarding up and conducting IKO certified snowkiting lessons/guide services for the season. New website launching next week with all the Tahoe location info for those that still may not know. Tahoe is kiteable 4-5 days a week in the winter so call us up, make the trip up here and get some winter winds.
Reviews:http://www.yelp.com/biz/kgb-kiteboarding-oakland
ImageImage
Royce V
KGBswag

thomashe
Joey
Joey

Post by thomashe » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:52 am

Hi,

I am a student planning to go up to Tahoe snowkiting beginning of February for one weekend. It will be probably me and a friend. Is anyone interested in joining us? I'd love to hear form you.

Best Wishes,
thomas

keithdkd
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by keithdkd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi Thomas,

I intend to go snowkiting in Tahoe this weekend. Though if there isn't wind, I would probably snowboard instead. If you're planning to go this weekend, and want company, I'd join you.

kd
thomashe wrote:Hi,

I am a student planning to go up to Tahoe snowkiting beginning of February for one weekend. It will be probably me and a friend. Is anyone interested in joining us? I'd love to hear form you.

Best Wishes,
thomas