turbo launcher

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
kiesel
turbo launcher

Post by kiesel » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:50 pm

OK,
Originally I thought this was something you used to launch a kite into the sky in a tight spot and let out line as it goes into the air, thus I compared it here to a flo-bee launcher. and made fun of it, It looked dangerous. Which is why they sent me one to test.
HOWEVER
Itactually is not meant for reeling out line as the kite goes up (scarey thought) Instead it is
1. a great way to store and keep your lines tangle free and ready to launch. which it does well.
2. a self launching tool for tight spots...boats

As for self launching, I have had no need yet to self launch in a tight area. Not to mention that the winds in the bay area this week have been nuclear. I was in hwaii last week but forgot to bring it.

I think it is a nice item, and I will review again once i use it to self launch...last year in catalina we were launching off a boat and this thing would have been awesome, as we had to set the lines up from bow to stern and then have 2 on a wave runner tow the kite out, then jump in and drag and then launch...a 21. Anyway, I will review again, but for those who like neat and tighty equipment, this is it.

OH yeah, it takes a little getting used to to get it dialed, like any new thing. .....................to be continued =D>

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:54 am

Hey Kies,

Looking forward to your review and impressions of this item.

Thanks,
Ollie

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:07 am

Guys,
I am very excited to post the boat and drift launching method for the turbolauncher.
It works very well if it is used as instructed. The kite drifts away from the pilot in a very controlled way if the lines are rolled slightly shorter on the one side. This keeps the kite on the very edge of the wind window and prevents it from powering up and flipping over as the lines come off the turbolauncher.
Please ask Vangelis at Live2kite.com to loan you a sample Turbolauncher to try.
mark.
www.kitelauncher.com

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:23 am

Rich,

Have you had a chance to use the TurboLauncher any more recently as to be able to add to your review?

Ollie

Kies

Post by Kies » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:32 pm

ollie

I was launching in the water from a boat today at Bethel Island....$%^&(
forgot the damn thing, cuz it was on my other bar...&*()^%$

Sorry man, big mess up....BUT I am going back to Bethel, it is cool, and I will use it for sure. It would have been incredible for sure, and I think those guys out there will be stoked on it once I remember to bring that bar.