Cleaning UP the plastic in the Ocean(s))

All Off-Topic items not related to kiting can be posted here. Please post all For Sale items in the Classifieds Ads section.
Forum rules
Please post all For Sale items in the Classified Ads section. Thank you.
Greg
Old School
Old School
Cleaning UP the plastic in the Ocean(s))

Post by Greg » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:06 am

I want to put together a TEAM of people interested in the subject of:
Sustainable Living, Enviromental Clean Up, Recycling, International Business Relations, Grants and Funding for World Recycling Program, Waste Managment, Toxin' s Pollution and Air Quality Controll, Shipping and Distribution, I.T. people, Web Mainagers.. etc..
I believe the proper term is Network of People

My primary goal is to Clean Up the Oceans but that requires MASSIVE amounts of ENERGY.. I believe the Energy is there- (here too) To begin I've made a mental funding goal of 50 mil, but LOADS of research needs to be done before I can begin pitching this idea for grants, etc... (to begin the pilot project)

I need to dicuss several ideas with like minded individuals, investors and businesses. If you wish to help contact me for details.

Dad said, Dream BIG!! So I'm shooting for the Star's-
Gregory Boyington (510) 882-9389

Note: Please dont respond with Jokes or Bull$t&*, I (we) don't have time for that now. :wink:

jbirdmarin
Regular
Regular

Re: Cleaning UP the plastic in the Ocean(s))

Post by jbirdmarin » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:38 am

Hey Greg count me in on your team. I have a non-profit that targets schools to model the behavior they are trying to teach kids in terms of sustainability and protecting our planet: Blue Planet Schools, Inc. (like a blue planet is a healthy planet). We're just on the starting blocks.

http://blueplanetschools.wordpress.com/

I've crossed paths with a number of other non-profits and foundations interested in the same goal (education, health, and protecting the environment). Duh, seems like such a no brainer. I am involved in a number of coral reef and natural resource initiatives in the pacific rim, maybe there can be some common ground there too?

Jason.

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Speaking of kids and plastic, show them this:

http://www.greengorilla.com/

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:54 pm

This is the right idea!!

The idea involves harvesting the plastic to HOPEFULLY make building products and/or fuel pellets.. I think this can be done eventually for profit as part of a recycling program...
My goal is to prove it can be done by doing it, actually starting the process and making a product... In this case, cheap/plastic boards boards for construction..

I want to make it LOW COST to produce and store.. to rapidly use up product and/or save the storage and shipping costs..

My goal is to use the vast majority of the plastic as an actual building product and as little as possable as fuel for the production plant. burning the by product... #-o (I know- YUCK!)
Anyway as the plastic is captured it goes straight to converstion to product or fuel. The product is pre-sold on international markets and goes straight to that market...

Eventually, the whole process happens on site with people living and working on a floating production plant, processing and producing building products.

All this assumes that we're not being feed a line of bull about the size and scope of the actual problem area's know as Garbage Patches.. One thing I do know is if man can deforest the planet, (we can and eventually will) .. We can and will use up most of the easy oil... As we reach that point the plastics that are already produced will be of greater value and recycled more completely...