The New Standard

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
rvv
Regular
Regular
Re: The New Standard

Post by rvv » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:08 am

BayAreaKite wrote:You already got called on it by some of the users here, is this another ad-pic? :?: To date, you've pretty much only used this site and posted to promote your boat pole. It should have been posted in 'Industry Soapbox' anyway, to which it's moved to now. Kiteboarding is 80% kite-flying skills anyway, board skills come after kite-flying skills.
NICE :-({|= :-({|= :wink: :arrow: :mrgreen:
John nice pole, and nice boat check it how about a collaboration? beach em at my spot then go for a ride on the boat?
Royce V
KGBswag

Captain John
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by Captain John » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah Royce,

I think something like that could work out. Maybe line up a Saturday when we could get a bunch of people lined up for a sesh. We'll have to chat some more about it,

Nice,

Capt John
KiteTheBay.com

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:50 am

I disagree on the 80% kite thing. If you arent comfortable on the board you cant focus on the kite as much. Although nothing will have an exact feel as a kite tuggin you around in all different directions, this is a very good start. Especially given the fact that it can be learned when there is NO wind. Give Jon a break guys. I am sure if business picks up he would be more than willing to pay for some ads.

jbirdmarin
Regular
Regular

Post by jbirdmarin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:17 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:You already got called on it by some of the users here, is this another ad-pic? :?:
?? I agree it should be in Industry Soapbox, but what is the diff betw posting KTB pics like he's doing vs all the kite demo pics and every time a new bar or kite is released, we are flooded with pics. Those are advertising but no one makes a stink about it.

Captain John
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by Captain John » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:05 am

Hey Everyone,

KTB is running a special on intro lessons this week only! $85 for an Introductory lesson. You will learn board stance skills using the KitePole. You will also learn how to fly a 4-line full-size kite.

Check it out at

https://www.zozi.com/deals/72/purchases/new
KiteTheBay.com

Captain John
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by Captain John » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:56 pm

KTB has released a new video on Board Stance Training. Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9-8xYmgq8
KiteTheBay.com

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:19 am

Nice idea with the poll. When I learnt to kiteboard the thing that had the most impact on learning was one wakeboard lesson that I took after trying to get on the board a few times. It sorted it all out.