Benicia man drowns in waters off Ninth Street

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon May 30, 2005 6:38 pm

Now it may not be clear if it was a kiteboarder or a windsurfer. Reposted from iKite:

"This was a windsurfer not a kiter. A kiteboarder found him. The news the disemintated this winformation should post a correction.

Why??? Becuase William was a life long windsurfer and he would not appreciate being called a kiteboarder.

May he find good winds up high. "

sflinux
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

63 years old

Post by sflinux » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:08 pm

I just took a cpr class and statistically, if you find someone post adolescent in trouble, it is due to a heart attack. Even cpr is not a miracle action, it only helps to prolong your life. 6 minutes without oxygen is all it takes until you are (brain) dead. And 6 minutes is not that long at all. If you can get to shore and someone can administer cpr on you (within 6 minutes) than those 6 minutes are extended until professional help arrives. But who can get to shore in 6 minutes? And what if you lose consciousness in those 6 minutes?
Cpr does 2 things: 1) puts some fresh oxygen in your lungs 2) Helps your failed heart circulate oxygen to your brain. If your brain doesn't get oxygen in 6 minutes, life is over.
I think it would be great if every one who drove a car knew cpr. It is just a little something to help extend someone's 6 minutes before death. I agree that life is safer in pairs.
-bric