crissy field currents

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Scotty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
crissy field currents

Post by Scotty » Fri May 27, 2005 1:04 pm

I was kiting out at Crissy Monday the 23rd between 430-630pm. Max Ebb was at 1654 @2.5 knots. When I was coming into land my kite, I noticed about 100 yds outside of Anita Rock that it seemed to be flooding because the buoy was east of anita. I also noticed I got sucked farther downwind than usual. Seemed kind of weird considering slack was one hour away coming off a max ebb. Another kiter told me because the buoy was East of Anita Rock that in fact it was flooding.

Any input?

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Re: crissy field currents

Post by KillaHz » Fri May 27, 2005 1:06 pm

Scotty wrote:I was kiting out at Crissy Monday the 23rd between 430-630pm. Max Ebb was at 1654 @2.5 knots. When I was coming into land my kite, I noticed about 100 yds outside of Anita Rock that it seemed to be flooding because the buoy was east of anita. I also noticed I got sucked farther downwind than usual. Seemed kind of weird considering slack was one hour away coming off a max ebb. Another kiter told me because the buoy was East of Anita Rock that in fact it was flooding.

Any input?
On a heavy eb you typically get an eddy close to shore that goes the other direction
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...