Sunday at Alameda

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Sun May 22, 2005 8:21 pm

Let's get best to give up a hellfish for this light wind showdown!!!

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Sun May 22, 2005 9:13 pm

Alameda was finally really great. Was totally lit on my 13.5 AND the family was happy.

Bob: What is your family doing at Sherman? There is not really much beach and especially not on a busy weekend day...

Done for today .....K

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun May 22, 2005 11:24 pm

His family was out in the water ripping!!!
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon May 23, 2005 6:00 am

whitecap wrote:Tried Sherman with the family over the weekend. *^}

I had a good time, even though I was mostly a caddy since I still have stitches in my foot. Went out once with duck tape over the 4" slice, but that felt weird if I loaded up the board, so I quit - but since I was out of the water, the family had a gas! Brian was out on the 4 & 5, and Alex was getting pretty smooth on his back roll kite loops. MG out for hours, as always. Pretty much always have fun with the family at Sherman...

bob
Bob,

What happened to the foot? I heard there's some unknown sharp debris to left on the beach at Sherman?

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Mon May 23, 2005 9:00 am

Yeah - some pretty sharp stuff somewhere off of the outside log on the left looking out - around 10' to the right, waist deep on the low tide. I was talking to my wife - waiting for her turn with my 5 year old in the water - already suited up - thought it would be good for me to untwist the 5th line a bit, basically an excuse for just a bit more time since the conditions were sweet, turned around, and put barely any pressure down on the foot, but something was waaay sharp, and just peeled open the arch of my foot. I was out there hobbling around this past weekend, but stayed out of the water after I figured I could not do anything while kiting but mow the lawn without making things worse.

My wife fully took advantage of my situation, and got over three full hours on the ebb yesterday morning. Heck, I made eggs for breakfast, AND lunch. Then the punk kid starts hucking clean kite loops, and a nice back roll to toe transition move on Gabe's suggestion. They go take pics, and I'm bb sitting...

Say Knyfe - Sherman is pretty nice for the fam. All comes down to the S.O. - If you can get her up to Kitopia for an outing, she may put up with the additional hassle of taking care of kids. My 5 year old has had a great couple of seasons up there - mostly playing with Zeev's daughter. Dave Luers had some kids up this weekend as well. Moho row, together with the parking lot and beach is a fairly well protected area, and most of the locals watch out for each others kids. Sure as hell beats fighting with the x box and other fun domestic issues.

bob