5/21 - 2005 Naish Demos at Crown Beach & Free BBQ

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Rebecca
5/21 - 2005 Naish Demos at Crown Beach & Free BBQ

Post by Rebecca » Tue May 17, 2005 12:15 pm

Join Naish & Boardsports to demo 2005 Naish Kites and Boards on 5/21 @ Crown Beach in Alameda. Event starts at 2pm.

Boardsports will also be hosting a free BBQ to anyone who joins the San Francisco Boardsailing Association (SFBA). The SFBA is a non-profit organization that:
- fights to maintain kiting/windsurfing access to various sites
- fights for access to new sites
- helps remove obsticles from sites
- pays for safety signs, showers and other ammenities for kiters and windsurfers

Membership is just $20/year for singles or $30/year for families.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Tue May 17, 2005 3:46 pm

This is your chance to try the Raven ya'll. Try it to see what all the talk is about. Well at least see what I am talking about. :mrgreen:

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue May 17, 2005 6:46 pm

I tried the '05 Raven 16 last Sunday at Sherman (courtesy of Jim J.) and I will agree that it works very well. I ride the new '05 RRD ZH-16 quite frequently and it's a tough kite to beat. The ZH is significantly faster turning and boosts higher and with greater hangtime. The Raven offers a more steady pull (feels a little more grunty in marginal wind and lulls), has more bar pressure (which I actually prefer) and requires a little more aggression to turn it quickly. Now I know why you Naish guys love them.

Next time you see the ZH flying by you should try that though, since it has some remarkable characteristics that you won't believe until you feel them. Turning speed in particular, which translates into some really sick jumps-- a little trickier to ride though I think.

Kinda' like an inline-4 (ZH) versus a V-twin (Raven) to use the moto analogy.
Go bigga'

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Tue May 17, 2005 8:42 pm

I thought for a moment that Naish became a non profit :)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue May 17, 2005 8:46 pm

fearlu wrote:

Ah, yes, reminds me of my motorcycling days - nothing like an inline four, unless is a two-stroke v4! Z1, GPZ, 400Four, Katana, all fun, but I feel much safer nowadays without them!

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed May 18, 2005 2:11 pm

fearlu wrote:I tried the '05 Raven 16 last Sunday at Sherman (courtesy of Jim J.) and I will agree that it works very well. I ride the new '05 RRD ZH-16 quite frequently and it's a tough kite to beat. The ZH is significantly faster turning and boosts higher and with greater hangtime. The Raven offers a more steady pull (feels a little more grunty in marginal wind and lulls), has more bar pressure (which I actually prefer) and requires a little more aggression to turn it quickly. Now I know why you Naish guys love them.

Next time you see the ZH flying by you should try that though, since it has some remarkable characteristics that you won't believe until you feel them. Turning speed in particular, which translates into some really sick jumps-- a little trickier to ride though I think.

I would like to try the RRD kites as well. Especially that type wave. Alot of good talk about them so far. I tried the Torch the other day and I never thought I would like it as much as I did. You never really know until you try.

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Wed May 18, 2005 3:43 pm

my friends, speaking explicity about sportbikes, v-twins have soul, and i-4's...........

ofcourse 2stroke makes it another story.

please give me an RC51.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed May 18, 2005 3:46 pm

Thus, my Ducati ownership. Sweet desmo music.
Go bigga'

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Wed May 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Ya ought to bring the duck by the beach some day...I put a bit over 100,000 miles on my ST 1100 back in the day, till I came off in '96. I must like heavy metal since I have 7 plates of titanium in my face....Also, don't get mad if I drop in on your wave, as I do not quite see everybody on the left since I lost the sight in my left eye as they were putting my face back together....

After scaring my kids and all, MG kept me off of two wheels, until this year! The compromise was a Bajaj scooter...boosting a big 9 hp. Around 90 mpg...Gets me to work and back without the freeway...Of course, covered with kiting stickers, since, with a scooter, it is all about style... ;^)

bob

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed May 18, 2005 6:51 pm

(Warning: OFF topic...)

I wanna' get a scooter too- I almost bought an Aprilia Scarbeo a few weeks ago on a whim. Hilarious, dude-- we should start a Sherman Island Scooter Club. Our jacket logo could be a guy hucking the tules with a beer in his hand.

Regarding asphalt face-plants: I ride my dirt bike now (XR600), in lieu of the Monster. The goth-chick I sold it to (Dark, of course) looked WAY better on it than I did. Black leather and stout boot kind of thing.

Besides, a guy my age should never, ever be pulling stoppies with the ass-end of an Italian sportbike two feet in the air. Takes too long to heal.

Bella.
Go bigga'