Parking at 3rd ave. info!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular
Parking at 3rd ave. info!!

Post by pipedragon » Sun May 15, 2005 11:39 am

This from RC at kiteforum:

If you park at the golf course (Mariner's Point) at 3rd Ave you know there's a combo lock on the gate now. That combo lock belongs to the bay area kitesurfers - not the golf course. I put it there to replace their keyed lock, with their permission. The golf course management has been extremely friendly to the kitesurfers/windsurfers lately. They recently changed to limited flight golf balls at significant cost (and significant loss of business) to keep balls from going over the net into our parking area. They allowed me to tap into their water supply to provide rinse water next to our setup area. And they're happy to have us park in their lot. The only thing they ask is that we keep the gate locked to keep the dirtbikes from getting onto the course and tearing it up.

I've heard that some kitesurfers are hopping over the fence, and that there's some likelihood of damaging it. PLEASE don't do this. Use the lock (combo is 0420), and lock it behind you. Feel free to share this combo with kitesurfers and windsurfers (but not dirtbikers). And please remember to lock the gate behind you.

Thanks very much.

RC

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Sun May 15, 2005 5:08 pm

haha, potheads.

SPAMAN13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SPAMAN13 » Sun May 15, 2005 9:47 pm

dirtbikers in 3rd? hmmm....