Rage II or Boxer or Diesel

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
rss
Joey
Joey

Post by rss » Fri May 13, 2005 7:40 am

Pablito(guest) wrote: Also, if you are really just starting to kite, you might want to use the Jumpstart relaunch initially (instead of the SAFE system) until you gain the ability to keep the kite out of the water. I think Jumpstart would have saved me alot of time when I was first learning. Too bad you can only have one system at a time on the kite.

Paul
Thanks for sharing your experience. I did not appreciate that the SAFE system and Jumpstart were mutually-exclusive. That's unfortunate.

I assume if you set up with Jumpstart you lose all of the safety and depower abiliities, and if you go with the SAFE setup you spend a lot of time in the water finessing a relaunch. Or am I entirely wrong/confused.

Is there a system that is very easy to water relaunch AND lots of depower adjustment?

Richard

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Fri May 13, 2005 8:59 am

rss wrote:
Pablito(guest) wrote: Also, if you are really just starting to kite, you might want to use the Jumpstart relaunch initially (instead of the SAFE system) until you gain the ability to keep the kite out of the water. I think Jumpstart would have saved me alot of time when I was first learning. Too bad you can only have one system at a time on the kite.

Paul
Thanks for sharing your experience. I did not appreciate that the SAFE system and Jumpstart were mutually-exclusive. That's unfortunate.

I assume if you set up with Jumpstart you lose all of the safety and depower abiliities, and if you go with the SAFE setup you spend a lot of time in the water finessing a relaunch. Or am I entirely wrong/confused.

Is there a system that is very easy to water relaunch AND lots of depower adjustment?

Richard
oh that's really too bad, I guess I'll go with jumpstart

Post by Guest » Fri May 13, 2005 10:00 am

panzerfaust wrote:
dewey wrote:
Dewey,

What did you do to dial the SAFE bridles in?
Nothing, I still can't get the 12m to engage. It's the 17m that works well. Maybe the 12m flys too far foward in the window.
I just bought the same sizes and I'm a bit confused, to say the least, how they are supposed to be installed. Any chance for a show and tell?
There's now a video on SAFE bridle installation on the Windwing website. Also, any kites sold in the US you can ask to have them shipped with SAFE installed, and we'll do it for no extra charge.

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Fri May 13, 2005 10:05 am

panzerfaust wrote:
rss wrote:

Paul

Richard
oh that's really too bad, I guess I'll go with jumpstart
The SAFE system also helps the kite relaunch -- sheet out and the kite will roll over extremely easily, almost like pulling a 5th line (but not quite). Relaunching a Rage II with SAFE is incredibly easy. About as simple as it gets. I think if you learn with Jumpstart that might not be good, because as convenient as that system is, all beginners need to learn a traditional relaunch method. The SAFE just makes it that much easier.

w

rss
Joey
Joey

Post by rss » Fri May 13, 2005 12:54 pm

[/quote]

The SAFE system also helps the kite relaunch -- sheet out and the kite will roll over extremely easily, almost like pulling a 5th line (but not quite). Relaunching a Rage II with SAFE is incredibly easy. About as simple as it gets. I think if you learn with Jumpstart that might not be good, because as convenient as that system is, all beginners need to learn a traditional relaunch method. The SAFE just makes it that much easier.

w[/quote]

That's what I needed to hear! My decision is becoming pretty clear. Thanks.

Richard

Mattdog
Joey
Joey

Post by Mattdog » Sat May 14, 2005 6:29 pm

I am weighing up between the 8m outrage and rage II. Dewey, does the SAFE not work that well on the 8m outrage as well?

Thanks

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Sat May 14, 2005 6:32 pm

It works more completely on the Rage II, but the Outrage 8 jumps like mad and has insane hang time. I'll let Dewey answer.

w

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sat May 14, 2005 7:59 pm

Forget about the safe for a minute. If you want to jump like mad go for the Outrage. I haven't gotten a chance to fly the 8m yet, but the 12 is the best kite I've ever flown. The safe will give you extra depower, but the 8m will work into the 30's. If it's too windy it's no fun for anyone.
Dewey

Mattdog
Joey
Joey

Post by Mattdog » Sat May 14, 2005 10:09 pm

Cool, thanks for the answers. When I tried the CC bar on a wipika hydro I was able to depower plenty anyway, more than ever before, so that I was underpowered. I'm thinking the Outrage jumping would be a lot of fun .... :) I'll probably be getting the 12 m rapture too.

wytcap
Joey
Joey

Post by wytcap » Sun May 15, 2005 5:19 pm

I am also new at kiteboarding, All my friends are on Slingshot gear and I bought a 13m fuel as my first kite, It is a great kite but perhaps the diesel would have been the kite to get. BUT I just filled out my quiver with WW Rage IIs and I am now geting rid of the SS and replacing it with a WW, If you have any problem with setting up the safe system WW has the best customer service plus they now set it up prior to shiping if you ask them, I strongly recomend WW. :)