Renting a rv site at Sherman (sandy beach park) for season

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
flyingpaddy
Contributor
Contributor
Renting a rv site at Sherman (sandy beach park) for season

Post by flyingpaddy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi there I was just wondering how or who do you contact to rent an rv site up a Sherman IS

I/we are thinking of buying an RV and leaving it up there to use throughout the season. It seems overnight tent camping is not allowed so the next option is an rv.

Is it possible to do this? how much etc..

If anyone has any info it would be great

Thanks
Twood b worse if da Ass died and da Turf in da Bog!!!!

Keep Her Lit!!!!!!

kitecrazy
Regular
Regular

Re: Renting a rv site at Sherman (sandy beach park) for season

Post by kitecrazy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:37 pm

I don't believe you can leave an RV there more than a week or two with the new policies they have...first come first served. Rio Viento (sp?) on Sherman Island may be a better bet for you if you want to leave it the whole season...there are full hookups. You can drive from there to the county park. :?:

K. Cliff
Regular
Regular

Post by K. Cliff » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:17 pm

As for the point...They installed posts separating the parking slots into 22ft wide "camping areas". You can share these slots with a partner but both will pay even though one space is taken. $12.00 per night and $7.50 with a pass. You can stay for 12 days then leave for a day and come back for another 12. Here is the link to rio viento rv park with deluxe accommodations but you'll pay dearly. http://www.rioviento.com/
The other option is to stay at the Sherman Lake Marina (turn left just before the entrance into the park) He's charging $300.00 per month for a hook up space. His name is Bob 925.978.2877
Deltaviking1@gmail.com
Shuttles available upwind from Pittsburg and Sherman all summer. Come see what kiting west has to offer.

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Post by sloughslut » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 am

Do you mean sandy beach in rio vista? the poles at the county park are gonna be some comedy for sure with people trying to back rvs in there. maybe it will stop all the spot hoging,taking up 2 spots and lawn chair and table spots. sherman marina would be awesome if you had a golf cart or small boat to sport over to the park to kite. if you dont your stuck looking for parking like the rest of us.
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

lacasaverde
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lacasaverde » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 pm

You can also join RVWA/SIKO for about $20/year. Then with a "donation" of $100/month you can park your RV at The Sign or the Power Lines. No hookups on the island except at SI marina & Rio Viento.

You can always camp at Brannan State Park and drive to the island.
It ain't easy being greene.

flyingpaddy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by flyingpaddy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:37 pm

lacasaverde wrote:You can also join RVWA/SIKO for about $20/year. Then with a "donation" of $100/month you can park your RV at The Sign or the Power Lines. No hookups on the island except at SI marina & Rio Viento.
Yes I'm gonna join RVWA/SIKO. $100 a month donation sounds fine to me.
So I just want to be sure where "The Sign" and the "power lines are"
I think I'm pretty sure
Power lines= on your left just B4 you go into the park

The sign = in the park round where the little pay booth is.
Please correct me on this if I'm wrong.
"We would like to stay somewhere in the park past the pay booth"

Are generators permitted in these spots?
Would you be allowed to leave a trailer instead of an rv?
When do these spots start to fill up.

Rio Viento, Brannan State Park,Sherman Lake Marina are still good options but some are little expensive and like a lot of others we would like to stay in the park right there where all the action is. :wink:

Thanks again
Twood b worse if da Ass died and da Turf in da Bog!!!!

Keep Her Lit!!!!!!

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:32 pm

I feel warmer just looking at the aerial.

Those bollards are going to cause a lot frustration for everyone this year. I am not really sure why they chose to do this over either charging more or just reducing the stay limit for large RV's. I can just see a lot of door damage ahead.