Berkeley looking sick!!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular
Berkeley looking sick!!!

Post by pipedragon » Wed May 11, 2005 1:36 pm

Berkeley is looking like smooth steady 12m wind, white caps and nice rollers. There is a beach as well. I would get on it but my bosses can see the water from their windows so no go for me. :shock:

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed May 11, 2005 6:52 pm

It was OK. The usual stuff though, ya know. Getting out can take heavy-handed perseverance. Inside = holey, light, etc. Then it backs off and out and comes back. To quote Chad, now in SoCal, "It's tricky."

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Wed May 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Sounds like it was better than SI was today. Big kites a necessity, skimboards too even better.

A steady progression of kites being walked back to the launch from the Playpen.

NWS is already downplaying the strengthening of the HP ridge for the rest of the week. Maybe some clearing winds for Sun/Mon...

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Thu May 12, 2005 6:10 pm

You know what? Berkeley is only slightly better than no kiting at all. I'll be honest, no matter how many times I try, it sucks there. I know you local guys love it but to drive more than 15 minutes for those conditions is wacky. I'm spoiled I guess since I usually get to ride Crissy or the Coast in the Spring and the Delta in the Summer. It's sad that for me with this demanding new job it really is the only option unless I want to fight traffic going to the City and back.

I cannot wait for the thermal stuff to hit-- I've been nothing but disappointed of late. Call me a whiner but the wind in Berkeley is marginal at best. Sorry to my friends there it's just my humble opinion. The good news? It's never going to be a crowded launch!

:vom:
Go bigga'

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu May 12, 2005 6:20 pm

Dave Sherman hasn't been much better this week. Tuesday I was powered on a 17 until 6pm then it ramped up and everyone put up 12's. Yesterday even the 17 wasn't enough to beat the flood tide.
Dewey

Post by Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 7:25 pm

Big Wave,

You are whining...

Get to work!!!! :yawinkle:

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Thu May 12, 2005 10:10 pm

Thermal stuff might be showing up this weekend, with NWS in Sacto talking about "increasing onshore flow" affecting the Delta on Sat and Sun. 15-25, sounds like a good weekend for SI.

Sure wish I had skipped it yesterday...

Paul