Q-Line Knots

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
exsailor
Contributor
Contributor
Q-Line Knots

Post by exsailor » Tue May 10, 2005 12:30 pm

I'm sure there's an obvious answer to this question, but I've searched around on various sites and haven't found the answer yet.

What's the correct method for creating knots in q-line for use with kook-proof pigtails. I've seen plenty of instructions on how to create a larks-head (figure eight on a bite at the end of the line), but wasn't sure what the best way to make the complementary knot-style connector was.

My current idea is to create a loop in the end of the line the same way I do to create larkshead. Then, do another figure eight knot in the loop so I can attach the larkshead on the kite pigtail.

Any thoughts?

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Tue May 10, 2005 3:31 pm

ok its kind of a pain in the ass to get the knots in the right place with the right slack so all 4 lines are perfectly equal(or atleast 2 frontlines and 2 rear) but here is the knot you want to dq

standard DOUBLE figure eight knot. You have to fold the end of the line over and tie the knot with the doubled over end if you know what i mean.
This is how i was taught to tie q-line and how others do it as well so im not smoking the pipe on this one.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue May 10, 2005 8:27 pm

consumer wrote:ok its kind of a pain in the ass to get the knots in the right place with the right slack so all 4 lines are perfectly equal(or atleast 2 frontlines and 2 rear) but here is the knot you want to dq

standard DOUBLE figure eight knot. You have to fold the end of the line over and tie the knot with the doubled over end if you know what i mean.
This is how i was taught to tie q-line and how others do it as well so im not smoking the pipe on this one.
Consumer, nice pic. Thanks for the informative post!

f
Contributor
Contributor

Post by f » Wed May 11, 2005 3:54 pm

Actually there is a web page on the website of the manufacturer that shows the knot:
http://www.powerline-sports.com/knots.html

(... and you can get to the latter page from the main page:
http://www.powerline-sports.com/main.html
)