Pay it forward!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular
Pay it forward!!

Post by pipedragon » Mon May 09, 2005 9:47 am

I have definitly learned that in Kiteboarding we all depend on each other from time to time. I had my chance to pay it forward last Monday when I went downwind to help launch a downed kite. I usually make an effort to help launch a downed kite when conditions allow or retrive a lost board that is too far up wind. Well yesterday I needed some help and the Karma gods smiled. I went out on brand new gear which I checked pretty well but when I was all the way out making my turn back for the beach one of my center lines came apart from my bar. The kite went down and I had to self rescue. The lines did not break it was just where they attach to the kite the knot was not big enough. Anyway, luckily Jeff from Kitewindsurf Grabbed my board and took it in. =D> . Then on a bottom turn near the beach I crashed my kite into the water and luckily Charlie was there to save it from getting bowtied. All in all I am truly greatfull for the cool and gracious riders at Alameda and I hope that I am able to return the favor sometime.

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Mon May 09, 2005 12:57 pm

I'd add thanking Charlie for his action. Thank you for getting my board when I crashed my kite. I was able to relaunch my kite but with chops and being an inexperienced rider, I could not find my board. You definitely saved my day. I also appreciate all the people at Alameda. Thank you for your patience. I will be a better rider. You guys are best.

Good storm winds. It was fun!

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Mon May 09, 2005 1:02 pm

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and also thank Charlie for being so patient showing me tips and answering my questions, and being an all around cool guy.

Same goes for everyone else. Thanks!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon May 09, 2005 6:06 pm

I want to thank Charlie for always being a wise-ass and making me laugh. Usually with him, but sometimes at him! Charlie, you good egg.

:rolleyes:

Ollie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon May 09, 2005 6:19 pm

I love Charlie :vom:
Dewey

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Mon May 09, 2005 6:22 pm

o, now you all got my panties in a bunch...
you are all welcome.
and thank you
charlie

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Mon May 09, 2005 6:49 pm

And thanks to Mitch for the nice save last week at Punta Emerito! Nothing like a brand new kite up against the freeway...
Go bigga'

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Mon May 09, 2005 10:44 pm

fearlu wrote:And thanks to Mitch for the nice save last week at Punta Emerito! Nothing like a brand new kite up against the freeway...
Oh yeah, and a big thanks to Dave too!

- Josh

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue May 10, 2005 6:54 am

It's starting to sound like the Oscars! And I want to thank my all friends without whom kiting would be boring, and the people in China who make my kites and the Sun and Wind and Water........

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue May 10, 2005 6:59 am

Don't forget Ben Franklin...
Go bigga'